• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Jared Ambrose named OC at Delaware

51 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Be careful what you wish for, he is gone yes but need to see who replaces him.  Grass is not always greener.

Hope I'm proved wrong but just saying

You don't know unless a change is made...  We have been status quo for way to long. 

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You don't know unless a change is made...  We have been status quo for way to long. 

Not exactly, a handful of changes were made last season. New scheme on offense, changed to a 4-3 two seasons ago. Third DC coming in.

• Like 1

I’m looking at this objectively, & trying to take emotions out of the equation. I believe JA was OC for 6 years (2013-18).  In that time, we had a prolific offense in 2013, with a once in a lifetime RB named West, & in 2018 we had a prolific offense with a once in a generation QB. I suggest in all other seasons the offense was “meh,” to even below average. Was JA a genius in 2013 & 2018, but a dummy in between, or does this just prove its more about the Jimmy & Joe’s, rather than the X’s & O’s.  

I wish him the best, except when UD plays us. Personally, I think his departure removes the whole “nepotism” cloud &, like all of us, he’s not irreplaceable.  

42 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m looking at this objectively, & trying to take emotions out of the equation. I believe JA was OC for 6 years (2013-18).  In that time, we had a prolific offense in 2013, with a once in a lifetime RB named West, & in 2018 we had a prolific offense with a once in a generation QB. I suggest in all other seasons the offense was “meh,” to even below average. Was JA a genius in 2013 & 2018, but a dummy in between, or does this just prove its more about the Jimmy & Joe’s, rather than the X’s & O’s.  

I wish him the best, except when UD plays us. Personally, I think his departure removes the whole “nepotism” cloud &, like all of us, he’s not irreplaceable.  

Jared is a good guy and I wish his offense the best but I’ll never root for that program. And everybody is replaceable. Reading from Ed Lee’s article in the Sun, it sounds like we are going to hire from within. The good news is that all the coaches are new, hired within the last year or two. My assumption is that the new OC will be RB coach Scott Van Zile, who spent six seasons as the OC at Monmouth and was QB coach at Elon.

Wow. Guess everyone is happy eh? But to our rivals though? Like he just spit in the face of TU.. lol.. I thought he did a serviceable job with the exception of a few bonehead calls here and there...crazy

18 minutes ago, tualum said:

Wow. Guess everyone is happy eh? But to our rivals though? Like he just spit in the face of TU.. lol.. I thought he did a serviceable job with the exception of a few bonehead calls here and there...crazy

He took more money. They offered it to him and let’s face it, they poached him from a rival CAA school. They also did the same thing with Rocco, taking him from Richmond.

If he wasn’t RA’s bro, he never gets the OC job here in the 1st place. If it wasn’t for West & Flacco, his offenses here would have been completely forgettable. If UD thinks they got an offensive guru, me thinks they’re in for a rude awakening. If anyone thinks this hurts us, I don’t see it. Thanks for your service & next OC up.  May wind up being addition by subtraction.

• Like 1

Best Christmas gift ever! (on paper, as of now..time will tell if I'm right)

seems like a stab in the back move to go to UD but needed a change there. I don't need more reasons to hate UD but another rooting interest for their failure