• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Jared Ambrose named OC at Delaware

Given Delaware's resources, his OC salary there might put him ahead of his brother's earnings. I don't expect him to transform the Blue Hens offense, but I worry about them being able to game-plan us much better on both sides of the ball.

Whatever hints or tidbits Jared will be able use against us moving forward should only last for what one season two max?  Conversely we will know what they are running offensively and all his tendencies.  I am sure someone might have a note or two about his time at Towson.

33 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Given Delaware's resources, his OC salary there might put him ahead of his brother's earnings. I don't expect him to transform the Blue Hens offense, but I worry about them being able to game-plan us much better on both sides of the ball.

No, he’s not going to make more than Rob. Rocco isn’t making all that much more than Rob 

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/12/13/richmonds-rocco-new-blue-hens-football-coach/95367878/

And another reason why UDel is an attractive move for him is location. That’s the closest CAA school to us so he doesn’t need to uproot his family and move across the country, just the next state over. Good for him getting his money and moving out of his big bro’s shadow. 

He’s an affable guy, obviously nepotism played a role at Towson, but his play calling against Dusquense made absolutely no sense. Huck and chuck it 40 yards time and time again in the pouring down rain after it continuously didn’t work, insanity. I’m still bitter about that game. If it had kicked off at noon we would have won but he refused to adapt to the elements. 

On to the next one!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

And another reason why UDel is an attractive move for him is location. That’s the closest CAA school to us so he doesn’t need to uproot his family and move across the country, just the next state over. Good for him getting his money and moving out of his big bro’s shadow. 

He’s an affable guy, obviously nepotism played a role at Towson, but his play calling against Dusquense made absolutely no sense. Huck and chuck it 40 yards time and time again in the pouring down rain after it continuously didn’t work, insanity. I’m still bitter about that game. If it had kicked off at noon we would have won but he refused to adapt to the elements. 

On to the next one!

Agree completely!

Just another view on the topic. The grass is always greener when it comes to the OC. Not saying it was good or bad for Delaware. BTW, I always find it an interesting observation from geniuses who say we have six people on the board when we've had close to 30 for football season. Not saying that's great but it's better than a handful.

http://gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25405

I, for one, will miss Jammer. We never made the playoffs during our I-AA time until Rob and Jammer came. I do not understand all the hatred. Jammer helped build this program with more than his play calling. His recruiting and coaching of the QB's will be missed. I wish Jammer all the best (Except when he plays TU).

• Like 1

I read that thread from the UD board. To hear those “football geniuses” they just hired the cat who invented the forward pass. Time will obviously tell, but I defy any of the so-called experts on their board to refute the following: JA’s offenses were all average to below average except when he had the good fortune of having 2 transformative players on O, in the form of T West & Flacco last season.

I also found the comment by the nitwit/stooge on their board, about “all 6 of the people on the TU board, interesting. So, I decided to do a little unscientific research. The post on the UD board about JA’s hiring had approximately 25 different posters last time I checked. I picked a thread from our board, from 11/24/18, titled  “why we lost 4 of our last 5.” That thread had 15 different posters. The takeaway: while UD has more people who post, it’s not as vast a gap between them and us as some of the clowns 🤡 on their board would like to think 

I don't mind the 6 people comment. We have about half of the number of comments on this topic as they do as we are the ones losing the OC no one liked Our stadium is also half their size but I'd take our much nicer stadium and our message boards not from 1995 any day.

The fact is that guy actually did some research unlike the rest of the UD idiots who are just like "Oh I like the hires". It took them to the second page to bring up he is Rob's baby bro. Only a handful of people over there are being objective and critical. Of course our offensive is going to put up a ton of numbers when we are losing in a shoot out for the better part of the seasons since the twest days. The only years we have had a good O with Jammer is with Walter Patton candidates that came via transfer. Now its's time for Rob to earn his cookies, hire a good OC or get out.