• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Maine Head Coach...

Leaves to take a job as an assistant coach at the University of Minnesota. Also, Maine’s defensive coordinator left to take a job on the JMU staff 

It does? It tells you he's an alum who hasn't pursued other opportunities (hard) like every other successful coach in this league or he hasn't lost enough to get fired. But sure, this program sucks. Let's rail about the program after a very nice recruiting class on Early signing date and your dream of the OC gone. 

• Like 3

Gotta agree with Mat on this one. In 10 years, RA has taken TU to the playoffs 3X, including a national championship game, & has put multiple players in the NFL. Recruiting seems to be getting better as well. I’ll be the first to criticize him when I think it’s called for, but we’re coming off a playoff season, so I’m going to accentuate the positives at the moment 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nobody is saying Rob is perfect. He has his flaws but to continue to talk shit about the program is getting so freakin' old. There are issues but at least they are addressing them, by adding two outstanding transfers on the D-line, will be adding another DC and now his brother his gone. At some point, you have to wonder if the assistant salaries are where it needs to be. Now he needs to find two competent coordinators who can also recruit. He's going to find another transfer DL or two and a big back (they are working on getting somebody). 

Last year, we added those transfers maybe a little too late in the summer instead of getting them before the spring. Not just Flacco but Chris Clark, DeBerry, Shuman, Gillette, Yeedee, etc. By the way, DeBerry was playing out of position at DE/OLB. I think that will be rectified in the spring when he moves to ILB.

I actually kind of get this move. Power 5's pretty much only hire top power 5 assistants or group of 6 coaches that make a major bowl. See UMDs past two hires and Texas. (other than k state taking the ndsu guy, even the NDSU guy that started their run only got Wyoming)

For good FCS coaches the move is to go > bigger FCS job (JMU, UD, NDSU, Montana, etc) > lower group of 6, turn them around,  hen maybe a step up to a bad power 5. Or he can go Power 5 right now, hopefully turn into a top assistant under an up and coming coach and get either an okay group of 6 job or another better power 5 assistant job that could spring board him to that power 5 HC role much sooner.