*DC

*OC

*DB Coach

*Transfer big back

*A better plan in the red zone

*A strong pass rush

*A more physical team that can play in the elements

*Improved cornerback play

*Safeties who can help corners (better communication)

*Indoor practice facility

Basketball

*Quality point guard (transfer, Grad transfer, freshman, Euro)

*A big that can finish on the block and can shoot

*Patience with freshmen

Men's Lacrosse

*Play with more pace

*A high-scoring midfielder without off-the-field issues

*A high-scoring attackman or two

*Less drama off the field

*Indoor practice facility

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I wish we make our free throws in 2019!

Shooting over 70% now. That's actually become a decent strength. In two games in conference play, we're shooting 90%.

• Like 1

I’m going to start off the new year with a tired old refrain of mine...I wish we would recruit some pure shooters, like W&M has. I don’t care if they can rebound. Their contribution on offense would make up for any deficiencies on D. I would guess they could be coached up to play better D in any event. I for one am tired of those 4-5 minute stretches where we can’t buy a basket, & a 4 point game becomes an insurmountable (at least for us) 12 point deficit 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

You need to find shooters who can defend or at least don't have slow feet. How many titles has W&M won with those great shooters? Hofstra, UNCW, CofC finds guys that can do both. Or at least are serviceable. If you push the tempo, you can wear teams down and press some to make up for defensive deficiencies. I'll never give up on the idea of pressure if you have the athletes and length to do so. What will be the excuses next season if we don't use pressure and we have 6-8 Gray, 6-8 Tunstall, 6-8 Solomon, 6-6 Betrand, 6-4, Timberlake, and 6-2 Dottin? This year? I guess we're too young and now have two players injured and one is gone.

Wright-Foreman is the type of player you can build your program around. They don't need five pure shooters.  If you have five Four McGlynn's in the lineup, that's great. You'll score 75 and give up 85. 

But it goes back to finding a point guard who can find an open Fobbs or Howard. Even McNeil would be more efficient with a better point guard because he make open 3s (sometimes). Our shooters when they set their feet aren't bad. They can't create their own shots and they don't somebody to create for them. I'd like another player who can score off the dribble like Zane (who is more clutch).

I don’t disagree that a guy who say scores 15ppg is of little value if the guy he’s defending scores 20 points. And the most glaring need is a PG. I would love to have a PG who can draw defenders & dish to open shooters. What a concept!! 

Sure, a bubble is a possibility and an indoor facility for football and lacrosse is a necessity but I doubt they keep raising the athletic fees.

Believe me, I'd love to have a sharpshooting basketball team that can make at least 45% of our threes. Combine that with a good big man and quality point guard, that would be fun. Whatever it takes to win a title. Rebounding, defense and getting to the line is fine but can only get you so far. It ain't the most entertaining brand of basketball, esp. when you are not winning or just getting by at .500 or so.

However, I don't think I saw Timberlake coming out of HS as a guy who fits that tough guard mold (defend, get to the line). Maybe Betrand but It think he can be a complete player one day. Look at that shooting form. It's pretty pure even if it doesn't go in yet. He made two short jumpers against W&M last game. But he needs to be set up. Part of that is the offense, not just having a point guard. Swing the ball more, less iso and just trying to pound it inside where Sanders is a TO machine. Dottin fits the mold. Tough point guard who can drive and shoot off the dribble. When and if he finds a jumper (his FTs are betting better), he's going to be good. Maybe he'll be the PG of the future and the starter right now.

2 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

any serious talks of putting a seasonal bubble on one of those new back practice fields?

would likely cost about $4MM

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/news/local_news/msu-looks-to-build-m-sports-dome/article_7d9f8dca-e6dc-11e8-adfe-ef74a25501ee.html

A bubble would NOT cost $4mm additional dollars at Towson.  We are currently building the practice fields and electrical infrastructure.   The Mankato press is talking about an entire build out with drainage, electrical and field surface.  We could do a bubble for under $600k