• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Riller, Brantley lead CofC over MBB, 67-55

50 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Shocking that you would read it as negative.  Kids want to play in an open uptempo offense, not what we run.  Sorry Skerry apologists, its true.  Zane?? Is he here now? No, he was the best scorer we had since Neal and he left.  Imagine if they had a pg?? Its been a decade and skerry hasnt sniffed a competent point guard.  NE does not run an uptempo offense, you are correct, They run a great system behind a very smart coach.  They also haven't had their leader in assists average below than 4 assists in 5 years.  We have not had one average over 3...

I'm not saying run every time, but you can see Skerry run on the court and stop the offense/lead guard himself. Maybe you dont see that Mat, but I've been to every home game and 4 road ones this year right behind the bench and its startling.  Need to push it against a team that is good defensively, especially when we are down, and guess what! we were down the ENTIRE GAME yesterday.

Everything you write is negative. Why should I even cover this team if I didn’t think they could get a quality point guard and I wasn’t completely disagreeing with you about the pace. I’m just telling you why he doesn’t push it. Because of the Bahamas disaster which I assume you didn’t sit behind the bench for. Apologists my ass. 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Everything you write is negative. Why should I even cover this team if I didn’t think they could get a quality point guard and I wasn’t completely disagreeing with you about the pace. I’m just telling you why he doesn’t push it. Because of the Bahamas disaster which I assume you didn’t sit behind the bench for. Apologists my ass. 

Sure man. You see and hear what you want. 8 years and not one kid can average 3.5 assists a game?  After a while it isn’t the players but the coaching and style of play. 

Wasnt there for those 3, great call genius. 

And you and some of the old timers are. Every fanbase needs them just like every fanbase needs ones who want change and to push the program forward instead of happily sitting in neutral

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sure man. You see and hear what you want. 8 years and not one kid can average 3.5 assists a game?  After a while it isn’t the players but the coaching and style of play. 

Wasnt there for those 3, great call genius. 

And you and some of the old timers are. Every fanbase needs them just like every fanbase needs ones who want change and to push the program forward instead of happily sitting in neutral

HAHAHA..

Listen, we’re all passionate about wanting all TU teams to excel. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to how that goal should be accomplished. Personally, we don’t have enough passionate fans so I say let’s can the bickering and name calling and be respectful of the opinions of others, no matter how ridiculous, nonsensical & absurd they are.😁😃😀😃😄😁😆

Group hug time!!! 

Now let’s get a damn W vs UNCW tomorrow!!!

Despite the constant name-calling, I'll be the bigger moderator and apologize. 

I never said the system was great but what have those great players done since transferring? Zane and Gorham are legit talents and might do something on a lesser scale. If you want more assists, recruit better passers and shooters. The best passer in the Skerry era was the best player and that was JB. Was JD a great passer? Morsell? Zane? Starr? Damas? Guthrie? Burwell? Hairston? Hawkins? 

Timberlake and Dottin might be the best passers on the team. When your starting point guard shoots first, turns it over too much, takes bad shots, and makes too many poor decisions, you are in trouble. And that might be Howard, Ivory, Hairston, Hawkins, Starr, Four, etc. 

And I'm not one of the so-called apologists. Join me on any chat in either sport and you know I'm critical. I've also constantly harped on recruiting and that starts with Pat. But I don't call him names, don't call for his job and I understand the critiques this season even though WE all knew this was going to be a step back year. It had to be. As I've said all year, as long as the freshmen get better, we'll be ok. Just wish Timberlake didn't get hurt because that was a bigger loss than I had imagined.