• advertisement_alt
TSU88

5 stages of grief...

15 hours ago, TSU88 said:

2017-18: we made the 2nd fewest 3’s in the conference 

2016-17: we made the fewest 3’s

2015-16: we made the 3rd fewest 3’s

2014-15: we made the fewest 3’s

We are who I thought we are. Can’t win like this. Does Skerry not grasp this, or is it that he’s unwilling to adapt, or unable to recruit the type of players needed? Those are the only possiblities & none of them are acceptable answers.

so what you're saying is that we have like the 2000th best 3-point shooters between the ages of 17-24 in the country? 

I’m truly on board with all this discussion... and some of you guys go way back.  

We can’t forget that we had 17 straight losing seasons going back to 94-95’ before Skerry was hired and he finally turned this program around.  

So the extension wasn’t that baffling...  however after a taste of some 20 win seasons we as a fan base want more safe to say...  

The college game truly has changed a ton since Skerry took over in 2011...  PG play is essential... and every good team has at least 2 of them...  every good team has 3-4 players who are marksman and can hit from long range....  every good team has at least one foreign player who is a big and  can score inside. 

I agree now that we aren’t targeting all the right recruits.  

The stats we have today are truly amazing.  

I give coach the rest of this season and the  next to fix still but if no results then I think it’s time we make a change.  

16 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Oye. Charleston is way better than us Chris. Brantley and riller are legit 

They are legit but the rest of the team is pretty average and if a team like Drexel can go into their house and steal a victory then there's no reason why we couldn't have been able to defend our home court.  After having seen Drexel live, I was truly shocked that the Dragons were able to keep it within the Vegas spread, let alone win the game outright.  So while Charleston may be better, I would hesitate to call them 'way' better.