• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

5 stages of grief...

Btw, Tgr4life, I think your Ravens analogy is a good one. If you & I know that college basketball these days is all about shooting 3’s, why can’t Skerry recognize & adapt?

I’m still reminiscing in my mind about Brian Magid, JoJo Hunter & Turkey Tilghman. All 3 played when Lefty stockpiled players & there just weren’t enough minutes to go around. Magid transferred I believe to GW, where my memory is he had decent success. JoJo transferred to Colorado, where I believed he averaged in the high teens & Tilghman transferred to Eastern Kentucky (I think) where he led the nation in scoring one year. I remember hearing a story about how before a game at Cameron Indoor, Duke students would put money on the floor for Magid to come out & shoot from like 30 feet & he would drain the shots. Don’t know if that’s true, but that story is in the deep dark recesses of my mind.

15 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, Tgr4life, I think your Ravens analogy is a good one. If you & I know that college basketball these days is all about shooting 3’s, why can’t Skerry recognize & adapt?

I’m still reminiscing in my mind about Brian Magid, JoJo Hunter & Turkey Tilghman. All 3 played when Lefty stockpiled players & there just weren’t enough minutes to go around. Magid transferred I believe to GW, where my memory is he had decent success. JoJo transferred to Colorado, where I believed he averaged in the high teens & Tilghman transferred to Eastern Kentucky (I think) where he led the nation in scoring one year. I remember hearing a story about how before a game at Cameron Indoor, Duke students would put money on the floor for Magid to come out & shoot from like 30 feet & he would drain the shots. Don’t know if that’s true, but that story is in the deep dark recesses of my mind.

Billy Packer would always say that if Brian Magid hit the rim his shots should not count, since very few of his shots ever did.

He is unwilling to change. 

We are 348th in the country in assists per game at 9.9 😲  But we are top 50 in Offensive rebounds per game.   

We also are not getting to the foul line as much this year either and that is really hurting our scoring

I know our big's aren't great scorers on the block, but hell, why not post them up and have them pass out if help comes.  It 1, gives us more spacing and 2. has them closer to the rim for rebounds..  We just have them floating and setting high ball screens outside the 3 point line, its like going 3/4 on 5, which is being friendly since we usually have a liability or two on the floor already.

• Like 1

I had to Google Magid just now; he lead the nation in FT shooting as a senior at 93%. Was drafted by the Pacers but didn’t play in the Association.

I have fond memories of watching, Thacker, Packer & Bones McKinney call those ACC games on Saturday afternoons, sponsored by Holly Farms Chicken & Jefferson Pilot Insurance. What a great era...Skip Brown & Rod Griffin at Wake, Tree Rollins at Clemson, Tate Armstrong at Duke, Hawkeye Whitney & Clyde “the glide” Austin at N.C. State, Wally Walker at UVA, and of course Lefty & Dean Smith. 

Maybe we can hire Lefty to replace Skerry😆

Edited by TSU88

TUTigers2012, I’m going to hate myself for asking, but if we’re 348th in assists, how many D1 teams are ranked below us?

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

TUTigers2012, I’m going to hate myself for asking, but if we’re 348th in assists, how many D1 teams are ranked below us?

Just checked the rankings. Towson is 343 out of 353