• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 64, CHICKENS 63

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/1/19/mens-basketball-rally-to-remember-lifts-towson-past-delaware.aspx

Play the lottery tonite, Alex Thomas came up large in the end.  And a real nice job by Howard to penetrate and find the open man for the jumper.  

Feels good to finally win again, especially at the Chickens expense. 

• Like 1

Biggest win of the season thus far and I can't imagine a bigger one unless we beat Hofstra or Northeastern at home. Down 18 at one point in the first half, looked like one of the worst teams in D1. In second half, a different team. Moving the ball, making the extra pass. Carter getting hurt helped but he came back in. Al Thomas was the key with 9pts and 8 rebs including game-winning 15-footer. Ryan Allen misses two free throws with 1.1 seconds left. If he makes one, we're probably not talking about a win but hell, we'll take it. It never gets old beating Delaware.

Started Dottin and Thomas, who had missed the previous three games. But Howard ended it. Had 10 points and the last pass to Thomas. Dottin had 4 pts but six assists and just one turnovers. We had 7 turnovers. We may play slow and it's not exciting but don't turn it over. Of course, we forced just two turnovers, which is ridiculous. I don't know how you lose a game when you turn it over twice. Delaware shot just 38.2 percent and we shot 48.2 percent.

• Like 1

Refreshing to see us shoot 48% for the game.

Several guys I often malign (well, I’m not the only one) came up huge. Thomas, playing injured, hit what turned out to be the game winning shot. 9 points & 8 boards. May have been the best game of his career. Howard sparked the team in the 2nd half, with 10 points & Dottin with 6 assists. 

Thomas had 12 points and 5 rebs with 2 threes in the win over Elon. Sure, if he can keep that up in a few more games, we can win a few more CAA games.Also trying to figure out if Timberlake is done for the year and whether he can redshirt or apply for a hardship. I thought you had to play 20% or less of the season to qualify.

Yeah, I’m curious about Timberlake too. He played 9 games; we’re only going to play 32 games, realistically. If the rule is 20%, he could only RS if he played 6 or fewer games 

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Yeah, I’m curious about Timberlake too. He played 9 games; we’re only going to play 32 games, realistically. If the rule is 20%, he could only RS if he played 6 or fewer games 

I believe he can/did redshirt. I believe that the revised Redshirt rules allow for a 10 games played maximum, and he didn’t reach that.