• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Basketball Mat

Down goes Northeastern, 75-72

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I get it.  Just 1,000 people tonight at SECU. One person in the chat. Nobody wants to give this team credit when they do the unthinkable. We only want to rail against them and the coach when they lose six straight. Well, I'm not saying we turned the corner tonight but something happened in that second half against Delaware. The freshmen are starting to play better. All three produced tonight and that might be the first time all year they all had solid games. Combined for 26. That doesn't sound like much but they upped their game against one of the best teams in the league.

Rebounding was awesome. This team still can't make threes and tonight, struggled to defend it. But if you drive to the basket, get fouled and grab off. rebounds, you have a chance. I know, that's the old formula but this particular team has to play like that. 

I'm obviously one who is very critical of the program and the ones leading it.  They are not ones to go without scrutiny as was the case in the first half of the Delaware game.  With that being said, the last 3 halves of basketball have probably been the best they have played probably since Moto and Davis left.  The intensity and passing have been way better and it shows. 

NE is a very veteran team that have played multiple years together, along with a great coach and we handled business and played extremely well.  We still had a few too many careless turnovers, especially against the press, but it was by far the most balanced game of the season.  It is nice when we don't have to worry about protecting the paint as NE plays with what amounts to 4 guards and 1 Thomas type player (unless they bring Murphy in).

Hofstra will be tough as they have the longest winning streak in the nation, I believe, and play defense (sort of) this year under JM.

Great win! Good to see this team show progress as the year moves along. There is definitely some talent there, and some good building pieces for the futures. However, beating the second and third place teams in the conference also gives us some good vibes for the now. It would be nice to see them carry some of this momentum forward with a strong performance against Hofstra on Saturday, but they are playing really well. Just nice to see two quality conference wins in back-to-back games.

It is funny. Last year there was more talent and more expectations in this program, but I just hated the vibe around this group. This year has been rough, but feels like there is more of a collective effort to get better as the year progresses. 

Great win and know that with young teams that you are going to have some ups and downs.  Definitely one to grow on but fans cannot swing back the other way if Hofstra comes in and whips us.  You need to be competitive at home and get what you get on the road.

I'm going to follow and root and support Towson sports through the ups and the downs.  I am not going to log in and pay a service to watch games online.  Once someone wises up and gets a damn TV contract I will watch on ESPN3, NBCSports CBSS.  When that happens I will be in the chat more since I can actually SEE it.  Until then I will follow the game through Twitter and hope for the best.  Spoiler alert I learned for all Towson sports when there is a long time between tweets, things are not going our way.  When things are going good game tweets are constant!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Great win and know that with young teams that you are going to have some ups and downs.  Definitely one to grow on but fans cannot swing back the other way if Hofstra comes in and whips us.  You need to be competitive at home and get what you get on the road.

I'm going to follow and root and support Towson sports through the ups and the downs.  I am not going to log in and pay a service to watch games online.  Once someone wises up and gets a damn TV contract I will watch on ESPN3, NBCSports CBSS.  When that happens I will be in the chat more since I can actually SEE it.  Until then I will follow the game through Twitter and hope for the best.  Spoiler alert I learned for all Towson sports when there is a long time between tweets, things are not going our way.  When things are going good game tweets are constant!

RT Second Paragraph !! 

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

You have to pay to watch TSN?

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You have to pay to watch TSN?

Ok I will rephrase and say a network that I can watch through my Firestick.  TSN available through that?  

18 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Ok I will rephrase and say a network that I can watch through my Firestick.  TSN available through that?  

A network with professional production. 

51 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

IDK but you can get it through Smart TV and Roku just by using the CAA app. You can also watch it on your IPad, IPhone or laptop.

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

Most games including the one last night I just cast from my laptop to my TV for free.  Even the game last night was free