• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Basketball Mat

Down goes Northeastern, 75-72

54 minutes ago, sr16 said:

A network with professional production. 

TSN certainly has no where to go but up but last nights production by CBS college sports live wasn't much better.  Screen blacked out routinely, audio was soft from announcers and loud on commercials and even their professional production didn't have the ability or didn't know how to show the shot clock on the graphic.  All the ADs and Presidents better be all over the commish over his inability to land a TV deal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I get it.  Just 1,000 people tonight at SECU. One person in the chat. Nobody wants to give this team credit when they do the unthinkable. We only want to rail against them and the coach when they lose six straight. Well, I'm not saying we turned the corner tonight but something happened in that second half against Delaware. The freshmen are starting to play better. All three produced tonight and that might be the first time all year they all had solid games. Combined for 26. That doesn't sound like much but they upped their game against one of the best teams in the league.

Rebounding was awesome. This team still can't make threes and tonight, struggled to defend it. But if you drive to the basket, get fouled and grab off. rebounds, you have a chance. I know, that's the old formula but this particular team has to play like that. 

Come on now. You make it sound like they beat uva or Duke. Lol. NE a good team but one dimensional and not as good previously. But we played well 2nd half to win.

These guys could have easily folded up when NE hit a couple of 3's in the beginning of the 2nd half to go up 9.  But as we saw with the deficit against Delaware, these guys don't know the meaning of quit.  That seems to be a giant difference from last year's team where we'd see selfish players try to play hero ball in order to get the deficit back themselves.  I liked how we didn't settle for chucked 3's and worked to penetrate the lane and get shots in there.  That and the offensive rebounding was a big key to this win.  Tomorrow will be a giant challenge with as good as Hofstra is.

• Like 1

It's fantastic that they won this game but I also happen to think it's "fool's gold" to think that it's any indication of a 180-degree change in the direction of the program.  A win (or two) does not make a PROGRAM.  Let's see what happens come CAA tournament time.

1 hour ago, tualum said:

Come on now. You make it sound like they beat uva or Duke. Lol. NE a good team but one dimensional and not as good previously. But we played well 2nd half to win.

Not many are harder on them than me..but come on man. NE is always a top team that gives us trouble.  it was a very good win

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

It's fantastic that they won this game but I also happen to think it's "fool's gold" to think that it's any indication of a 180-degree change in the direction of the program.  A win (or two) does not make a PROGRAM.  Let's see what happens come CAA tournament time.

Nobody said it was a turnaround game for the direction of the program (???) but it was their best win of the year by far and they are finally playing the right way. There’s nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due. 

So I’m sure if they get blasted by Hofstra on Saturday, there will be a long thread about how we suck and we’re stuck with PS, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Nobody said it was a turnaround game for the direction of the program (???) but it was their best win of the year by far and they are finally playing the right way. There’s nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is due. 

So I’m sure if they get blasted by Hofstra on Saturday, there will be a long thread about how we suck and we’re stuck with PS, etc.

Nail on head.  The mood swings of this board is worse than a woman during her "time of the month"

I am probably one of Skerry’s biggest critics, but damn, let’s give credit where it’s due. 2 straight W’s over teams in the upper echelon of our conference, really good shooting in the last 1 1/2 games, & Dottin, Solomon &Betrand shot 12-19 last night. 

I expect Hofstra to crush & melt us, but they’ve been doing that to just about everyone this year. Sometimes the other guys are just better. I’ll be satisfied if we play hard, move the ball, get good looks & minimize the idiotic turnovers. I don’t know if it’s realistic, but I’d really like to avoid finishing 7th-10th in the final conference standings. Other than that, my thoughts are already towards next season.