• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Hofstra, 84-61; Pride have now won 16 straight

I told my buddy who went to the NE game with me to avert his eyes when Dottin went to the foul line. How can a PG be such a poor foul shooter? Totally agree about him shooting 500 jumpers a day this summer. 

I had to chuckle at your UTPG. It’s been such a drought that now we have an acronym to describe it 

My gosh #20 was dreadful, both offense and defense. Just get him in the pick and roll for opposing teams and easy shots all day. Tough match ups all around. Not surprising regarding outcome..

52 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

No scathing criticism from me; I predicted a 20-30 point loss. Too much JWF (he will play in the NBA. If not, he’ll make a barrel full of Euros playing overseas) & Pemberton. As Skerry conceded on the postgame show, the 2 best players on the court today both were wearing blue. We couldn’t stop them off the dribble & when they didn’t get layups they rained 3’s on us.

I am compelled to voice my displeasure with #20. I don’t like anything about his game. He has no post moves, his D is lackluster, he commits too many fouls & I don’t get a good vibe from his body language. Aside from that, he’s great. Whoever vetted him dropped the ball. I wish he’d leave after this season, but I doubt we’ll be that lucky. I’ve been critical of Howard, but at least he tries, & is our 2nd leading scorer & out best or 2nd best 3-point shooter. 

My takeaway from today is simple...recruit better players. When your best player would be the 3rd or 4th best player on the other team, you need to go get better players. Mihalich ALWAYS has guards who can light up the scoreboard-Juanya Green, Tankersley, JWF, Pemberton & I bet he’s got 1 or 2 more in the pipeline. This ain’t brain surgery or even rocket science 

Agree on the tu player. Jwf and pemberton are good.  That’s a team that can win a game in the ncaas or forfeit before the game begins. Lots of petty and dirty plays. But when your coach is JM what do you expect.  The freshmen were good. I  love them being aggressive and not hesitant or passive 

40 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So, this was a long day. Saw the lax game. I'll have a brief report on it on another board but while I don't know the final score, it wasn't a good showing against Bucknell.

As for the hoops game, nobody really played well. We got outclassed at every position. Jordan, once again, can't really put together two strong back-to-back performances together. He wasn't bad against Delaware (9pts), played his best game possibly of his career against NE and then today, had two points and two turnovers. I know it's tough trying to defend Wright-Foreman, who didn't have his best game with four turnovers but did have 25 points, one below his average.

Really impressed with Pemberton. BTW, they had two points from their bench.

As for us, we couldn't handle their quickness. If they could pressure us 35 minutes, we would have had 25 turnovers at minimum. We had 15 but it felt like a lot more. We couldn't complete simple passes. Howard had 3 turnovers and one assist. I get it, you want a heat check after you hit a couple of long 3s but to pull up for a 27 footer like you're Steph Curry? The passing today was dreadful. But I think as PS said it, once we get down big, we sort of do own thing. I would say we go rogue or just get selfish. Not just Howard, but Fobbs and McNeill. You have to move the ball against that time. You can dribble it around. The ball kept getting "stuck" today. I hope we learn our lesson on offense the next time we play them or the result will be even worse up in Hempstead. 

2 from their bench is good! Sort of. Hofstra teams of the past have been 6 deep if that. Surprised how much run the bench guys got

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

2 from their bench is good! Sort of. Hofstra teams of the past have been 6 deep if that. Surprised how much run the bench guys got

You would think if you're up 20 with 2 minutes left, you could start going to your bench. Not talking about when the game was somewhat competitive. If they lose in the CAA Trny, which I doubt, it will be due to a key injury to their top 6. I don't even know how JM recruits players 8-13. Hey, come to Hofstra, you'll get a good education and maybe get a nice plaque after four years of sitting.

40 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You would think if you're up 20 with 2 minutes left, you could start going to your bench. Not talking about when the game was somewhat competitive. If they lose in the CAA Trny, which I doubt, it will be due to a key injury to their top 6. I don't even know how JM recruits players 8-13. Hey, come to Hofstra, you'll get a good education and maybe get a nice plaque after four years of sitting.

True.  He’s been doing that for years. They had green tankerlsey a grad transfer and young gustys but no one else.  Didn’t they have the 1 seed and lost in finals to uncw?  

Its hard to play 38 minutes 3 straight days after a long year