• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Early Look/Speculation on Spring Depth chart

Leaving out special teams for now and yes, Flacco is playing baseball. Probably will be very limited in the spring.

QB Flacco, Stover, Miller, Raines, Tristan Harris (6-1, 195 could be moved to safety)
RB Simpson (5-9, 200), Kobe (6-0, 210), Yeedee (5-10, 215), Platt (5-7, 190), J r-fresh Sean Bryan (5-7, 175)
FB Luke Hamilton (5-11, 234) Perkins (6-3, 264)
TE Chris Clark (6-5, 255), M. Wright (6-2, 246), Jason Epps (6-4, 221), f-fresh C. Hirschmann (6-6, 235) r-fresh Connor Jones (6-3, 227), r-fresh Jason MIller (6-2, 223)
LT A. Garnett (6-5, 320), A. Desire (6-5, 291)
RT ?  John Mullins?  Desire?
RG C. Cheripko (6-4, 290), Brendan Cassells (6-3, 297)
C N. Rusolillo (6-1, 296)
LG A. Grzymkowski (6-4, 290)
WR S. Leatherbury, Darian Street (6-2, 190, Pitt transfer) Caleb Smith, Ryan Rutkowski, Noah Staub, Brandon Allen, r-fresh D'Argo Hunter (5-6,165)
WR Jabari Allen, Brent Richardson, Ja'Len Elliott, Chris Greaves r-fresh Logan Justice (6-3, 191), true fresh/grey shirt Daniel Thompson (6-3, 198),

Defense

DT Jesus Gibbs (6-4, 290, SCarolina transfer), Sam Gyeni (6-0, 280), Vinnie Shaffer (6-0, 295, D2 transfer)
DT Tommy Danagogo (6-2, 302), Tibo Debaille (6-3, 285, inj?)
LB Keon Paye (6-0, 230), Nygill Johnson (6-3, 215),  Christian Dixon (5-11, 220), Marcel Allen (5-11, 228)
ILB Robert Heyward (5-10, 225), r-frosh Ryan Kearney (6-1, 220)
OLB/Bandit Ricky DeBerry (6-1, 245), 
DE Bryce Carter (6-2, 265), Malik Tyne (6-2, 240), Marcus Bowman (6-2, 260, juco transfer), r-frosh Prince Ukpai (6-3, 240) , r-frosh Bryce Lauer (6-3, 243)
SS Jamal Gay (6-1, 180), Mantriel Reaves (6-2, 199), Coby Tippett (5-10, 190)
FS S.J. Brown (5-11, 195 juco transfer), Stanley Davis (6-0, 180, juco transfer),r-frosh Reese Clarke (5-11, 190), 
CB Troy Vincent (5-10, 202), Vashon McCants (6-0, 170), Jamal Watson (6-0, 170), r-frosh Michael Wilson (5-10, 155)
CB Brandon Shuman (5-11, 180), Brandon Gillette (5-10, 180),r-fresh Robert Javier (6-0, 175), r-frosh Jirhe Love (6-0, 182)

I know some of those transfers, esp. jucos, will not be there in the spring.

• Like 1

Sorry, I missed that I see him now on your list but not the TE. Mullins has good size for the OL, that could def help if he has some skills. I had the wrong position for other guy I was thinking of he is a WR not DB and he is on your list.

Ok, some changes. No more Parker, Jaelen Thompson transferred. Ryan Kearney might be the top candidate to replace Diondre Wallace but I assume Heyward takes that spot and they get a transfer to replace him. Cornerbacks are very deep. They just need to find the three best guys whether it's the veterans: Gillette, Shuman, Vincent. Or some of the young guys like Love, Javier and Wilson. To me. if you finished  last on D, you need to make changes, not just in the coaching staff. 

I also think for the first time, the D-line has some depth. Tibo. Bowman, Gibbs, Vinny Shafer, Bryce Carter, Bryce Lauer. Could use one more 300+ guy in there not including the freshman big coming in. We were pushed around too much last year against Maine and JMU. Need to get bigger and more physical on both sides of the ball. That's why they are starting early in the spring, so they can focus on the weight room the rest of the way. Really need a monster right tackle and a big, athletic center from the FBS ranks. Maybe one more veteran tight end knowing that Clark is well, not always reliable.

I hope we land that monster RT & big athletic C. Of course, if they’re a monster & big and athletic, it begs the question why would they be transferring out of FBS in the 1st place? 

Safety is another area of concern I have, with the graduation of Fenner.

Well, 1st game is over 6 months away, so still time to add in missing pieces

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I hope we land that monster RT & big athletic C. Of course, if they’re a monster & big and athletic, it begs the question why would they be transferring out of FBS in the 1st place? 

Safety is another area of concern I have, with the graduation of Fenner.

Well, 1st game is over 6 months away, so still time to add in missing pieces

A lot of guys transfer from FBS for a million reasons. New head coach, new position coach. They are a junior with no chance to start. Check the transfer portal. I'm sure there are 6-5, 335-pound right tackles and 6-2, 310-pound centers out there, who might not want to sit out a year at an FBS.

Safety is a major concern. But they were bad last year with Fenner. I think safety and MLB to replace Wallace are biggest concerns. We are done with getting safeties. I assume Jamal Gay will start at one spot and the jucos (all 3) will battle it out at the other.

Is the transfer portal (sounds like something out of Star Trek; “Scotty, beam me up with the transfer portal”) accessible to the general public, or is it only accessible to coaches and the like?

Btw, I read where down the road in College Park, Kasim Hill has put his name in the transfer portal, after MD beat out FSU for a 4-star QB recruit