• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Early Look/Speculation on Spring Depth chart

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Is the transfer portal (sounds like something out of Star Trek; “Scotty, beam me up with the transfer portal”) accessible to the general public, or is it only accessible to coaches and the like?

Btw, I read where down the road in College Park, Kasim Hill has put his name in the transfer portal, after MD beat out FSU for a 4-star QB recruit 

Hill was terrible last year. He'll probably end up at JMU and be a star, though he probably needs to sit out a year with another knee injury. Looks like all the injuries and added weight has made him too big and slow. I'm not sure there is one site that has them all but 247sports is keeping track of the top transfers. None of them are coming here.

https://247sports.com/Article/NCAA-transfer-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/

BTW, I think Ambrose has all the names of most of the transfers that are coming or close. He's not just telling me or anybody. He's not going to release the names and I just need to find them out when they become available because nobody will know until the roster comes out.

So I’m just doing random thoughts now...wasn’t there an OL who came here from UNC-Charlotte? Is he still with us? Is Greaves still considered as a possible contributor at WR? What about R-Fr. Prince Ukpai? (I just like his name, but is he considered a potential contributor on D?)

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

So I’m just doing random thoughts now...wasn’t there an OL who came here from UNC-Charlotte? Is he still with us? Is Greaves still considered as a possible contributor at WR? What about R-Fr. Prince Ukpai? (I just like his name, but is he considered a potential contributor on D?)

Yeah, I totally forgot about Greaves and added him in an hour or so ago. I didn't ask Rob about him but there are a lot of guys but we could use his speed. We have a lot of 6-2 to 6-3 guys like Murphy, Thompson, J. Allen, Logan Justice, J'Alen Elliott, Brandon Allen, Noah Staub. Greaves can play but he needs to stay healthy. But look out for D'Ago Hunter (5-6, 165). He may be small but he's so explosive. He's from Culpepper, rank track and was two-time All-State as a kick returner. He could be better than Shane as a return man and well, he's a guy you need to get the ball in his hands on offense a few times a game. There is a lot of competition. I can see Jabari Allen, Leatherbury in the slot and who the hell knows as the third wideout. Anybody from Elliott, Thompson, Richardson (who is more of a slot guy), and Greaves. I think if Greaves lives up to his potential, he can be that third guy and if he stays healthy.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, mat1992 said:

That's why they are starting early in the spring, so they can focus on the weight room the rest of the way. R

When does spring practice begin?

I think the depth chart will change as the transfers arrive over the summer I didn’t see as much practice as I wanted to and the weather was horrible so tough to judge.