• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Early Look/Speculation on Spring Depth chart

Ok, looking back at what I saw in the spring:

QB. Flacco, Stover, Miller. If Flacco gets hurt, I still see Stover come in because he is a similar-type of quarterback. They don't have the change the offense for him. Miller can't run some of the same things. But next season is a different story. We're getting bigger offensive lineman. You need huge blockers to create more time for Miller.

RB: Shane is the No. 1. Yeedee will be the short-yardage back most likely. Kobe Young the backup. After that, Adrian Platt and Sean Bryan fighting for playing time. But once again, very small group. 

WR: Very tough to tell how good the WRs were in the spring in that crappy weather.

Leatherbury, J. Allen, D. Street, B.Richardson, D. Hunter, C. Greaves, D. Thompson, J'Alen Elliott all in the mix, Very deep group.

TE: Luke Hamilton, Perkins

RT? Cheripko was the starter in the spring. 

RG: Alex Desire was the starter in the spring

Center: Brandon Cassels was starter in spring. Transfer will likely start.

LG: Gryzmkowski

LT: Andrew Garnett

TE: Clark, Wright, Hirschmann, probably could use one more big blocker type

3-4 defense (need a transfer nose guard and ILB)

NG? Vinnie Shaffer was injured (knee?), Tommy Danagogo,  

DE Jesus Gibbs (could move to NG), Tibo (inj. but should be ready to go by summer) Sam Gyeni

DE Bryce Carter, Marcus Bowman

OLB/Bandit Ricky DeBerry, Malik Tyne, Bryce Lauer (inj., may move to DE)

OLB Keon Paye, 

ILB Robert Heyward

ILB Christian Dixon, Ryan Kearney

CB/S

Jamal Gay and Mantriel Reaves will likely battle for one safety spot; juco transfers SJ Brown and Stanley Davis for the other

CB Terrell Gillette could and should move to the slot. I see Jirhe Love and Brandon Shuman as the likely starters with Robert Javier pushing them. Troy Vincent Jr. will fit in somewhere and on special teams. I don't think there's anyway they start Love and Javier as r-freshmen, even though both are very talented.

Voshon McCants is no longer on the roster. 

• Like 1