• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerone94

2017 Volleyball Season

12 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Volleyball got their a$$es handed to them this weekend -- at home, no less. The soft part of the schedule is obviously over.

Unbelievable negativity. They lose 1 match and the complaining starts. These young ladies have done a phenomenal job. I think the '27 Yankees lost at least one game. 

Not to pile on the volleyball team but they lost two over the weekend. Got swept by a 9-7 Hofstra team on Friday and lost in four to Northeastern on Sunday. All at home.

Mat,

My point is very simple. I have followed this and other Towson chat boards for a number of years and I am not sure I have seen a group of more negative people (other than Philadelphia Eagles fans). A team here is 16-2 and the answer above is...the soft part of the schedule is over. This is not you in particular...in fact, you are the exception to the rule. my guess is these kids...and they are kids...work as ahrd as they can, but so does the other team. Again, folks wake up in the morning figuring out what to complain about, while minimizing what a great job, in this case, the volleyball team has done. 

• Like 1

Agree with Tgr4life - no one should be negative about a Towson team that is 16-2.  If it was a soft early season schedule, it was done so because this team is young.  At some point conference teams are going to figure out our schemes and find a way to beat us.  I'd rather lose our first game now than carry the undefeated streak into mid/late season.  Let's stay healthy, near the top of the conference standings and take it to another level in the conference tournament.  It's been too long since the team made it to the post season.

So the setter is Marissa Wonders.  Based on stats, it looks like she played well in the Elon and W&M games the weekend before and one week later wasn't even on the stat sheets.  I wouldn't think a setter would have a significant injury.  Whatever the reason for her not being in the line up, hope she gets back soon and in the mean time the team figures out how to win without her.

They have had pretty big injuries the past few seasons. I follow volleyball and if they stayed healthy they would have a couple of CAA championships in the books.

I wasn't being negative -- I support the team and have actually attended two of their matches. But you can check the records of the teams we beat during the 16-0 run and very few have winning records. It's a just a fact -- the early sked was soft. Now we're playing tougher competition -- we lost last night to a good CofC team. Yes, our setter is out, which is a significant setback. I hope she returns soon and that the team pulls together and wins the CAA championship.