• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

No press conference but.....

I’ll be chatting with RA tomorrow at around 3. Any other questions you guys want me to ask other than obvious ones about recruiting, Europe, new coaches, potential transfers, Duquesne game, Flacco playing baseball,etc. 

• Like 1

-Why the hell did they send him to Europe? Waste of time and $.

-Will he give back his "extension year" for getting thoroughly embarrassed AGAIN by a partial scholarship NEC team?

-Did little bro give proper two week notice?? 

-Will we ever get a pass rush???

What is he doing on campus to help the fan attendance? What fun tailgate activities will we be able to enjoy this year?

What do we know about Bucknell’s new coach? Should we expect them to bring a big crowd?

Is JMU the same beast without their old coach?

Does beating Delaware become even more important this year in terms of bragging rights over Thanksgiving dinner?

Will the U offer better food items or beer this upcoming year?

How many European athletes should we expect out of the trip?

What TV deals are they working on the showcase Touchdown Tommy and the Tigers?

Does this team have what it takes to make a title run?

What about Towson do you highlight when recruiting new players?

Coach, where do you like to grab drinks after practice now that Bill Bateman’s has closed?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blounge said:

What is he doing on campus to help the fan attendance? What fun tailgate activities will we be able to enjoy this year?

Not much he can personally do.  He isn't widely recognized around campus, like a Dabo, Saba, Harbaugh, etc. Would 1 of 10 students know who he is if he walked around campus in a plain polo?  And its not really on him to get fans to the game. His job is to win and to graduate players.

The same as every year.. grilling, drinking, cornhole... Besides the SAFE people patrolling the perimeter/entrance like hawks, lets not pretend like people cant have a good time. That notion pisses me the hell off.  I graduated in 2012 and can see both sides of the argument.. But lets be serious, the frat boys and sorority girls that are upset they can't have a DJ and drink themselves into a coma, were not actually going to the game anyway.  There is nothing wrong with 6-8 beers outside for 4 hours before the game. They also sell fairly cheap beer inside to anyone of age.  The football game is the event, not the tailgate, which should be a nice addition to a Saturday game-day.

What do we know about Bucknell’s new coach? Should we expect them to bring a big crowd?

No clue, and probably not.

Is JMU the same beast without their old coach?

Yes, they do not rebuild, they reload. JMU will be the favorite to win the CAA next year. Depth, transfers, facilities, fan base, all give them a huge advantage every year.

Does beating Delaware become even more important this year in terms of bragging rights over Thanksgiving dinner?

Hahah yes.

Will the U offer better food items or beer this upcoming year?

Again, bot much he can do for this, but they should. So much opportunity being wasted by athletics. 

How many European athletes should we expect out of the trip?

Hopefully it was worth the time and $.  I am skeptical though.

What TV deals are they working on the showcase Touchdown Tommy and the Tigers?

Commissioners thing. Man, has he dropped the ball on this. Used to love watching other CAA games when Towson was away (hoops and football) 

Does this team have what it takes to make a title run?

Yes and No. CAA will be tough. Richmond, UNH, Nova would have to be better you think. With Elon and URI maybe regressing.  I would think record would be similar to this season however playoffs will be much more difficult as the CAA laid a HUGE EGG this past season. Fewer teams will get in.

What about Towson do you highlight when recruiting new players?

The ladies of Towson... but seriously, Good question, that I would like to hear the answer too.  

Coach, where do you like to grab drinks after practice now that Bill Bateman’s has closed?

He only drinks wine spritzers and Zimas.

Some of these questions, while funny/important, can't be answered by Rob. The athletic department and institution have to work deals with Black and Gold, liquor licensure, current sponsors, and so on.

TV deal is out of Rob's realm of responsibility that's on the AD and his Assistants, plus the Commissioner of the CAA. 

Europe was done on the cheap, and, from an athletics standpoint, since this is Towson we've gotta do it before other schools start to. Not saying it was perfect, but I know of many other ways this school blows a couple grand to return less than what Gus did. Plus it got covered by some national news organizations (not trying to overestimate the ROI on the trip, but it is a positive story on Towson). Will it bring in new recruits? Maybe, you know how this trip literally pays for itself several times over? If some non-athlete in Europe comes and pays full sticker price to attend this school as an international student, simply because (s)he saw Gus with his TU gear and they heard of a school they never had before. The institution can then use that result to show that "we are more diverse than ever" and boast about how we are drawing more international students here. The endgame of this trip is bigger than football is what I'm saying. 

My questions regarding football are what's the deal with the O-line? Not only losing a couple starters but possibly 3 of the smartest players the team has had from an educational standpoint in years (Zane and Nico are actually doing and presenting academic research at regional and national conferences).

What are the plans with the new transfer we got from USC?

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, TuTigers2012 said:

-Why the hell did they send him to Europe? Waste of time and $.

-Will he give back his "extension year" for getting thoroughly embarrassed AGAIN by a partial scholarship NEC team?

-Did little bro give proper two week notice?? 

-Will we ever get a pass rush???

So you want him to give back his extension year because his team did not win a POST SEASON game, but a basketball team that has won nothing in 8 or 9 years......not even getting to a conference championship game......gets the support because we are not in last place in a below average league? I wish I could understand why there is such a difference.

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

So you want him to give back his extension year because his team did not win a POST SEASON game, but a basketball team that has won nothing in 8 or 9 years......not even getting to a conference championship game......gets the support because we are not in last place in a below average league? I wish I could understand why there is such a difference.

Against a team with significantly less scholarships.. YES.  You must not read a lot around here.. I never give Skerry and basketball a pass and always thought neither should have received the long contract extensions they received.  

The football team went to this levels NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, with one of the most dominant players FCS has ever seen, and how did we capitalize on that?  Decrease in attendance, 27-30 record, losses to Dartmouth, Duquesne, and Central Connecticut State, along with 1 playoff win in 5 years since. 

22 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Against a team with significantly less scholarships.. YES.  You must not read a lot around here.. I never give Skerry and basketball a pass and always thought neither should have received the long contract extensions they received.  

The football team went to this levels NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, with one of the most dominant players FCS has ever seen, and how did we capitalize on that?  Decrease in attendance, 27-30 record, losses to Dartmouth, Duquesne, and Central Connecticut State, along with 1 playoff win in 5 years since. 

I was not particularly referring to you about a pass. That just seems to be the tone of the majority of people here. I just happened to see yours first. I am sorry if I offended you.