• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Mlax crushes No. 7 JHU, 17-8

A spectacular performance in the second quarter. Towson was down 4-2 after one, Tyler Canto got the start and looked a little shaky in net. After the first quarter, Towson went on a 9-0 run and put the game away. Canto is 6-6, 245 and was battling with Jake Stout for the starting netminder job after Shane Brennan went down with an injury. Stout looked ok in the first scrimmage against Bucknell and Canto apparently won it after his very good fourth quarter against the Bison and strong first half against Virginia last week. He had 10 saves, including two low ones, which I think got in the shooters heads because at 6-6, everybody is going to try and shoot low.

Woodall lost about 20 pounds and you can see the difference. He was a lot heavier last season and even when he won the draws, he couldn't beat the double teams. Today, he won 21 of 28 draws against some young face-off men. Thought Koby Smith was spectacular in his move from LSM to close defense, Had two goals and a four shots. Also had a behind the back pass to Sunday, late in the game, that may have been a little not necessary. But the pass was perfect and Sunday couldn't finish it.

Yet Brendan was terrific with six goals on 13 shots. Brody McLean was also strong with three goals on eight shots. He's got that Canadian box lacrosse, back them in game. Monahan struggled again vs. Hopkins. I think he was 0-11 last year and was 0-6 today. 

If Woodall can stay healthy this team has tremendous potential. We were playing make it take it most of the day. The defense was physical and manhandled Hopkins. Canto was solid in the goal. It is a . small sample size but so far Towson has adopted well to the shot clock. Our middies looked a step quicker than the Hopkins middies. A great team win. I think may have 3 UA All Americans while Hopkins probably has 25 UA All Americans on their squad. A great win.

I think the shot clock rule could be the best thing for us because it will force us to look for offense.  Too many times the past couple of years, I've felt like they've played stall too much and haven't taken advantage of open opportunities.  Now they have to pick their spots more and today, they took advantage of a lot of those looks.  Beating Hopkins is always fun because it doesn't happen that often but beating them by 9 is especially delicious.  

16 hours ago, TUvet said:

If Woodall can stay healthy this team has tremendous potential. We were playing make it take it most of the day. The defense was physical and manhandled Hopkins. Canto was solid in the goal. It is a . small sample size but so far Towson has adopted well to the shot clock. Our middies looked a step quicker than the Hopkins middies. A great team win. I think may have 3 UA All Americans while Hopkins probably has 25 UA All Americans on their squad. A great win.

Shows you how fake those UA and All American teams really are. Lacrosse recruiting is fake.  Coaches recruit helmets and height.  The old guard of lacrosse wants to protect the Calvert Halls and make sure those kids are AA’s etc.  Towson is just tougher and more athletic than Hopkins.  They are a D3 school.....

Edited by RundaPower