• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Wild day in CAA

W&M’s Nathan Knight goes for 39 points & 14 boards and, wait for it...W&M loses as Hofstra’s JWF drops 48 on the Tribe. So glad JWF will be playing for pay next season.

NE beats Elon in OT; C of C holds on for dear life over Drexel & Delaware vs UNCW tonight.

Although much can change between now & the end of the regular season, we are listed in the CAA standings as being in 6th place (thus avoiding the tournament play-in games). Imagine where we’d be if we hadn’t yakked leads on the road vs JMU, Drexel & C of C. Even if we had won just 1 of those games, we’d be .500 in conference play.

You forgot to mention Elon was shut out in overtime. No easy wins right now. W&M is playing lights out-on offense. The fact that we have a chance to get out of the bottom four is pretty impressive. We're playing with eight healthy guys right now. Thomas shouldn't even be out there. We don't have a competent point guard. Our top D1 transfer has been a disappointment as was our juco point guard. Yet, Fobbs has saved us along with Tunstall on the boards and defensively. 

As much as I have been critical of PS, it is a feat of sorts that we’re almost at .500 in conference. This may not be the best CAA from top to bottom, but, last year, with far more talent, we went 8-10 in conference. 

As far as today’s other games, W&M is still my sleeper team in the tournament. I know they give up a lot of points, but I’d love to be able to recruit some of the talented offensive players that Shavers gets.

Edited by TSU88

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

As much as I have been critical of PS, it is a feat of sorts that we’re almost at .500 in conference. This may not be the best CAA from top to bottom, but, last year, with far more talent, we went 8-10 in conference. 

As far as today’s other games, W&M is still my sleeper team in the tournament. I know they give up a lot of points, but I’d love to be able to recruit some of the talented offensive players that Shavers gets.

Sure, I would take Pierce and Knight. Pat isn't going to recruit one-dimensional shooters that don't defend or lack toughness. That's why they never take the extra step. Hell, they had Thornton, a great player in this league and while Shaver can really coach offense, he has to play zone because his team isn't quick enough to defend. I'll take Hofstra's players over anybody or Northeastern's length. Funny thing was seeing Wright-Foreman's line with 48 points, no assists, no rebounds. 

2 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

I never though Four was half as good as advertised.

Couldn't agree more. He was great at FT shooting.  End of games, he definitely helped. 

Out of curiosity, I just googled his stats. Career 39% shooter; only 37% from 3. His stats don’t live up to his reputation as a sharpshooter, though he was a great foul shooter.