• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat JMU, 66-59 (story up)

There’s a “Rowe must go” thread on the JMU message board. Some want him gone before their new gym opens, whenever that is. Seems like SECU started a trend, with Elon & JMU. Wonder if any other CAA teams are getting new buildings?

Speaking of yesterday's game, two interesting things occurred that had little to do with the team. One was the MVP chant for Brian Fobbs at the line. Not sure I've ever heard that at a non-NBA arena. Two was the return of Tom Judd as the PA announcer. Even if it was just a one-day thing, it was nice to hear Tom's shooting "twooooo" and other TJisms for the first time in awhile at a MBB game.

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

There’s a “Rowe must go” thread on the JMU message board. Some want him gone before their new gym opens, whenever that is. Seems like SECU started a trend, with Elon & JMU. Wonder if any other CAA teams are getting new buildings?

That would be it. Matthews isn’t being replaced  Delaware Hofstra wm have adequate places  Charleston Elon new Drexel doesn’t care  

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Speaking of yesterday's game, two interesting things occurred that had little to do with the team. One was the MVP chant for Brian Fobbs at the line. Not sure I've ever heard that at a non-NBA arena. Two was the return of Tom Judd as the PA announcer. Even if it was just a one-day thing, it was nice to hear Tom's shooting "twooooo" and other TJisms for the first time in awhile at a MBB game.

It was a group of students, who most likely haven’t ever been to a game before. He then clanked that FT, he musta been thrown off haha

To each their own on Tom

29 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It was a group of students, who most likely haven’t ever been to a game before. He then clanked that FT, he musta been thrown off haha

To each their own on Tom

Actually he made it. I just assumed he would miss. Hell, as long as they come, they could chant strange stuff like that.

Maybe they meant team and/or game MVP😆

Seriously, he deserves 2nd team all-conference. His scoring is more impressive given the lack of other scoring threats we have. I doubt there’s another team in the conference with only 1 player averaging double digits in scoring (Howard is close to, but not quite at, 10ppg).

Last year when ZM averaged 19ppg, he had Morsell at 14ppg.

I think Fobbs has a shot for second team. As a voter, I try to be objective as possible and not just vote for Towson guys that don't deserve it. But when you look at a 6-4 small forward averaging 16.8ppg on 45 percent shooting and 6.0 rebounds. Also shooting 78% from the line. That's pretty good considering they lack number two scorer and a consistent low post presence on offense. I would vote for him second team if the season ended and his numbers and performance, not him being a Towson guy. I think Tunstall would deserve recognition on the all-defensive team.