• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Morgan Game Notes

Any idea if the two ADs are talking about moving the game to Sunday? Forecast is for rainy/cool weather Saturday, clearing and warmer on Sunday. With travel not being an issue, seems feasible to me. Given that it's a three-day weekend, you probably get a decent (or at least better) crowd on Sunday than on a soggy, cold Saturday.

man, no buzz/chatter on here for this game.  but a move like that for a shower would unprecedented.  also fh has a home game at noon on sunday so i am sure that would make it more difficult 

There's a 20% chance of rain at game time and 35% chance in 2nd half. And slim chance of rain expected (15-20%) all afternoon during tailgate hours. Hey, people leave at the half anyways so now they may have an excuse if the storms come and the game gets delayed .

But as far as the buzz on the game, there is pretty good student buzz. Kind of tough to analyze this game because there's very little known about Morgan other than that they have a 6-6 quarterback who can move. Last time we played, they opened with a field goal and we scored the next 42 points. But that was 2011 and a very good Towson team. I don't think this is 2011 but I do believe we are better than 2016 and 2014 (better OL and QB).

Also, I haven't really hyped this team up that much during the spring and summer. I haven't seen enough on D that shows me we are not going to be the team that allowed teams to convert 48% of their third downs. However, I believe, if given the chance. Lyndon Johnson will blitz more and play a lot more press coverage. I think we'll be a lot better against the pass but worried about our run D. On the other side, Morgan is really small at linebacker and probably fast but not huge on D-line either. We should be able to maul them up front because our line is really big (depending on who starts, probably averaging 305-315 across). 

What I do believe in is our playmakers. I think this will be an exciting team to watch. Shane, Leatherbury and Dorsey (if he plays) can all fly as can Lyrics when he returns kicks and punts. Greenwood is already listed as a starter because he's the real deal at 6-3, 200. Just big and long with a long reach. Kilgore can play and I really like Brent Richardson, who is a tough runner after the catch. I think if he's healthy, he would have fit in as a 3rd receiver last season. Jabari Allen could be better than all of them if he can get healthy. It's the best group of receivers I've seen here but again, having a good qb to get them the ball helps. I also think C.J. Williams gives us that tough inside runner that we lacked last season after Vito got hurt.

So, I understand the skepticism about the coaches. They have something to prove as well but the players are better and it starts up front.

Wasn't the last time we played Morgan at home as just after a tropical storm?  We wore black they wore orange.  The sky was crazy.

That said, I don't like playing Morgan at all.  It's a lose lose situation.  The only way we look good is if we completely blow them away from the beginning, ala 1993.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Wasn't the last time we played Morgan at home as just after a tropical storm?  We wore black they wore orange.  The sky was crazy.

That said, I don't like playing Morgan at all.  It's a lose lose situation.  The only way we look good is if we completely blow them away from the beginning, ala 1993.

I'm sure that's exactly how MD feels about us.