• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Delaware in double OT, 78-71

48 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Just not enough options on offense. The entire team, not including Fobbs, shot 15-51 from the field last night, which is 30%. 

As Mat already pointed out, McNeil & Betrand shot a combined 1-13. Sanders shot 3-5, but only played 16 minutes because, as always, he got in foul trouble. Thomas & Tunstall play strong D, but you’re not going to get much O out of them. Solomon U isn’t doing much on offense either. 

Playing hard nosed D & crashing the boards is great, but there has to be more than 1 guy on offense who is a consistent scoring threat. 

And that’s been my point most of the year. Should they run more? Of course, but with our guard play, it’s hit or miss. Better scheme? Fine but you can’t make chicken salad out of....When your starting backcourt is Dottin/McNeill, you better play good D because where are the points coming from? Play Betrand more yesterday? Why not but fresh legs may have been his only advantage.

I hate to say this, but when Betrand has the ball, I cringe, because I expect an Ill-advised drive or an outside shot that doinks of the rim. At least he tries an outside shot occasionally, unlike Dottin, whose offensive repertoire consists entirely of driving into the lane, usually with no good idea what he’s going to do once he gets there. No sense in getting riled up about McNeil at this point, seeing as he only has 6 games left in his TU career.

I’ve said it a million times now...PS desperately needs to nail the 2 open ships for next season with a legit PG & the 2nd guy being a scorer, regardless of what position he plays. 

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I hate to say this, but when Betrand has the ball, I cringe, because I expect an Ill-advised drive or an outside shot that doinks of the rim. At least he tries an outside shot occasionally, unlike Dottin, whose offensive repertoire consists entirely of driving into the lane, usually with no good idea what he’s going to do once he gets there. No sense in getting riled up about McNeil at this point, seeing as he only has 6 games left in his TU career.

I’ve said it a million times now...PS desperately needs to nail the 2 open ships for next season with a legit PG & the 2nd guy being a scorer, regardless of what position he plays. 

They’ll have at least three ships.

Selcuk, Thomas & McNeil =3 departing 

Thomas (the kid from St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes HS in NOVA) = 1 incoming. 

That would appear to leave 2. What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Selcuk, Thomas & McNeil =3 departing 

Thomas (the kid from St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes HS in NOVA) = 1 incoming. 

That would appear to leave 2. What am I missing?

I would bet that at least 1-2 others leave the program..

Mat, without naming names as to who might be leaving, do you have it on good authority that someone else (or more than 1) is leaving?

Edited by TSU88

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, without naming names as to who might be leaving, do you have it on good authority that someone else (or more than 1) is leaving?

No it’s just the pattern of this program. Pretty easy to see who might not be back.

2 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

If PS has made offers to every point guard east of the Mississippi, I think you can figure out who is in the future plans.

True though with Howard, they could move him to shooting guard next season. I was thinking about somebody who is not playing at all.

Or get a shooting guard whose shot selection is not so subject to question. This is a “guard” game and you need two guards you can count on if you expect to win anything other than The Battle of the Boardwalk