• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

TOWSON 92, DREXEL 77 (story)

I think PS should yank Caliguiran’s scholarship for getting schooled by their walk-on😆. But he did partially redeem himself with the blocked shot😆.

We really should have gotten Caliguiran a shot at the end of the game.

btw, speaking of shots, Tunstall drained another 3 today. I believe he’s perfect (2-2) on the season. Obviously a small sample size, but I really would like him to look for his jump shot more often 

Skerry comments

A really good win for us. We needed it. Our guys were really good. It's hard to coach when you get up like that. For 30 minutes, we were outstanding. It was choppy with the whistle late. Anytime they had a sniff of hope, T.J. just hit big shot after shot. He had some heat checks today. Really pleased with growth. He's certainly a starter but for a team struggling to score, he's coming off the bench and giving us a boost. We also that when Nakye is on the floor and doesn't get in foul trouble, how incredibly productive he can be for us. We're starting to play better basketball. Played great on both ends.

Howard on game's importance

It was important. We had a tough loss in double OT. We needed to put that behind us. We needed that win to build to get fifth play in conference.

On coming off the bench

It's not different. In my past, I did that in the past. I told coach I'll do whatever needs to be done to win. It doesn't really matter.

Sanders on staying out of foul trouble

I just try and learn from my mistakes. Coach emphasizes all the time that they need me on the floor. I need to stop fouling. I just try and play hard.

On having such a big first half lead

You have to lock in mentally like it's 0-0 and play the same way. Keep building that lead.

Skerry on first half

Coach Clark want me to remind them that Drexel came back from 36 against Delaware. I felt like that I was the Grim Reaper enough to these guys so..These guy have had a good dose of humility. We're playing better. Had a lot of close ones. Our defense has been so good that we've had close games but our offense has been up-and-down. You see what happens when we guard and we had a night like we did against Elon when we start making shots. Now we can play with a lot of teams.

On first half start

Coach Clark said this to me a lot as much as I'm on these guys. We've played better lately. So many new guys, then we didn't have guys at practice and guys were hurt that weren't playing. It happens. Some things are out of your control. Credit to 7 and 8 that played all year. This group has worked really hard and is pretty connected. Going through some experiences.

On Jordan's injury

He'll be fine next week. He got banged up. Got through it. He was stiff as can be and was honest about it. Allen (Betrand) was ready and he played well. Told TJ he was still coming off the bench. We've had two guys make all-conference coming off the bench in Davis and Guthrie. We like bringing scoring punch off the bench. Jordan will be back and so will Alex.

On three-pointers from Solomon and Tunstall

Things are going well when those guys make them.

Skerry's final comment on Day and team

Proud of our guys. A lot of people came out today and wished they could do it. We're not done yet. Not there yet. This has been a very good group to coach. They've fought through some adversity. We expected better but we have a chance to get where we are accustomed to being. That's what I enjoyed about the group.

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think PS should yank Caliguiran’s scholarship for getting schooled by their walk-on😆. But he did partially redeem himself with the blocked shot😆.

We really should have gotten Caliguiran a shot at the end of the game.

btw, speaking of shots, Tunstall drained another 3 today. I believe he’s perfect (2-2) on the season. Obviously a small sample size, but I really would like him to look for his jump shot more often 

DT is 2 for 2 from 3. He's the best three-point shooter. He should increase his range because damn, that 18-footer he took was ugh. But the 15-footer seems to be his range. But then he makes a set-shot 3. Hard to figure him out on offense.

5th in the CAA looks real nice.  

8-10 is attainable  

Always love the blue uniforms   

Finish strong Tigers and damn it reward the fans with a premier non conference game early next season to get some buzz going   

• Like 1

Great first half. Disjointed second half. To bad all games aren’t Austism awareness games. Nice crowd and we played some good offense. Sanders best game in black and gold 

I haven’t seen 2 of the 3 of those refs in over 20 Towson games, numerous caa games in tv and other tourney games.  The only one was the little young one who looked to be 15 years old. Just way to many whistles. Game was physical but not chippy

We got no help today from Hofstra & Delaware, who respectively lost to UNCW & JMU, both of whom are right on our heels in the race to avoid the tournament play-in games