• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
WMSportsBlog

Final CAA MBB Power Rankings (before CAA Tournament)

Tigers Nation -- 

We present to you our final CAA MBB Power Rankings of the year; with just two weeks left in the CAA regular season, it'll be interesting to see how everything shakes out.

Check out our power rankings for a brief update on each team, and where we see them ranked heading into these all-important final games.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/02/20/caa-power-rankings-week-8/

• Like 1

So, I have a question for the WM sports blog folks, if any of them read this...what are the chances Nathan Knight turns pro after this season? I’m not sure what else he has to prove at this level, & he risks injury if he comes back next season. You can’t teach size, & he also has a nice offensive repertoire to go with his size. I would love to see him go up against MD’s Bruno Fernando, but the 2 teams didn’t play each other this season.

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

So, I have a question for the WM sports blog folks, if any of them read this...what are the chances Nathan Knight turns pro after this season? I’m not sure what else he has to prove at this level, & he risks injury if he comes back next season. You can’t teach size, & he also has a nice offensive repertoire to go with his size. I would love to see him go up against MD’s Bruno Fernando, but the 2 teams didn’t play each other this season.

Not answering for them but as an NBA fan for many years, he has some of the attributes to make it to the next level but he's not really physical. I don't really see him listed on any of the NBA Mock Drafts. His three-point shot is not there yet and he's not a great athlete. He does have a 7-3 wingspan, which can make up for some of those issues. He also is not really carved out of stone physically. 

My guess is, the only way he turns pro is if he graduates early because I assume he's a good student. I am impressed by his rebounding as of late and his shotblocking numbers. The CAA is not doing him any favors with the lack of quality bigs but I can see him making it in the league as a backup. Smart, good rebounder, has improved in two years with good length. Not a good enough three-point shooter, defender or athlete. I assume he stays one more year and tries to work on some of those issues over the summer.

As a TU fan, I hope he leaves 😆

Last couple of games, he’s been on a different level than the opposition...scoring 30+, with double digit boards. Granted, the competition isn’t the best, but I would think there might be an NBA team willing to spend a late 1st round or 2nd round pick on a guy with his size and shooting touch. 

It would be nice next year if he were gone, along with Brantley & Cacok, who I think are both seniors. Not much question they are the 3 best bigs in the conference 

The best junior in the caa will most likely not return. 

But Knight isn’t ready. He is talented and can do a lot but can he guard 4s in the nba? Probably not. Unless he is graduating early WM is not having a player leave early. They may be the favorites to win it all next year 

Who’s the best junior in the conference? I do agree that if Knight stays they could finally make it to the NCAA’s next year. With their talent on offense, I have them as a sleeper in this year’s CAA Tournament 

W &M doesn’t play a lick of defense! Can’t win championships with out some level of respectability on the defensive end.  They are not athletic enough o,rdeep enough  to compete for a conference championship.  Knight has not been good when he faces another physical big. No chance at the NBA.

Edited by RundaPower

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Who’s the best junior in the conference? I do agree that if Knight stays they could finally make it to the NCAA’s next year. With their talent on offense, I have them as a sleeper in this year’s CAA Tournament 

Fobbs? Of course, that would be Riller.

I like Pemberton more than Riller. Seems like Riller’s been around forever; I wonder if he’ll do a Canyon Barry and go the grad transfer route, especially with Brantley not being back