• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
WMSportsBlog

Final CAA MBB Power Rankings (before CAA Tournament)

13 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I like Pemberton more than Riller. Seems like Riller’s been around forever; I wonder if he’ll do a Canyon Barry and go the grad transfer route, especially with Brantley not being back 

I do like Pemberton a lot and he might be a better pro prospect because he's 6-5, 195. Riller is really strong at 6-3, 195. Probably not a true point guard and he needs to shoot the 3 better. But he's really good and with Brantley gone next season, he's going to have to average 25ppg+ for them to be successful.

There really aren't any clear-cut NBA players in this league. As great as Benimon was, the best he could get was a 10-day contract. Wright-Foreman will get a look but he's a 6-2 shooting guard. Will have to play the point at the next level. Riller has to prove he can guard at the next level and play the 1. Pemberton might be 6-4 instead of 6-5? That doesn't help but he should be a superstar in the league next season with JWF gone. Fobbs will play overseas somewhere and hopefully he finds a right hand over the summer or he could easily average 20ppg next season. 

Delaware has some good players but no NBA guys. Elon? Come on. UNCW? Cacok is 6-7 and an undersized four man. I know Toews will be playing somewhere in four years. JMU? Nope. Drexel? No. Northeastern? I think Pusica plays overseas but they don't have the next Reggie Lewis.

I thought this was interesting

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Colonial-Athletic-Association/15/nba-players

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

As far as current CAA players in the NBA, should the 2 VCU guys even count? 

As long as they played in the CAA, sure.

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There really aren't any clear-cut NBA players in this league. As great as Benimon was, the best he could get was a 10-day contract. Wright-Foreman will get a look but he's a 6-2 shooting guard. Will have to play the point at the next level. Riller has to prove he can guard at the next level and play the 1. Pemberton might be 6-4 instead of 6-5? That doesn't help but he should be a superstar in the league next season with JWF gone. Fobbs will play overseas somewhere and hopefully he finds a right hand over the summer or he could easily average 20ppg next season. 

Delaware has some good players but no NBA guys. Elon? Come on. UNCW? Cacok is 6-7 and an undersized four man. I know Toews will be playing somewhere in four years. JMU? Nope. Drexel? No. Northeastern? I think Pusica plays overseas but they don't have the next Reggie Lewis.

I thought this was interesting

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Colonial-Athletic-Association/15/nba-players

Pusica, Toews, Demir will all get every shot to play overseas.

NBA rosters are so small, its very tough to break in.  There is plenty of talent to play in another country for a fairly long time. I know we have Mike in Finland, TJ in Mexico, I think Gary is back somewhere in Europe, Anyone know about JD, Moto or Jerrelle?

16 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Pusica, Toews, Demir will all get every shot to play overseas.

NBA rosters are so small, its very tough to break in.  There is plenty of talent to play in another country for a fairly long time. I know we have Mike in Finland, TJ in Mexico, I think Gary is back somewhere in Europe, Anyone know about JD, Moto or Jerrelle?

I know Four & TJ played in India for a summer and Four plays in Portugal 

22 hours ago, TSU88 said:

So, I have a question for the WM sports blog folks, if any of them read this...what are the chances Nathan Knight turns pro after this season? I’m not sure what else he has to prove at this level, & he risks injury if he comes back next season. You can’t teach size, & he also has a nice offensive repertoire to go with his size. I would love to see him go up against MD’s Bruno Fernando, but the 2 teams didn’t play each other this season.

Good question -- we haven't heard any talk about Nathan leaving W&M early. When Knight came into W&M he was deemed very "raw;" I seriously doubt you come into a league like the CAA as a raw athlete and leave early to go to the NBA. 

As folks have said on these boards throughout the conversation, I think (and HOPE) he needs one more year. You all have already said it -- but we should be a top-2 contender for the league next year if we have the three-headed senior monster led by Nathan Knight (other 2 including Justin Pierce & Matt Milon). 

For us, we always saw this as a transitional year (5 freshmen rotating in throughout the year); we knew the 3 juniors in their senior year had the ability to take us to the promised land. Fingers crossed.