• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Hofstra in double OT, 91-82

Said by multiple people already in this thread.  Bad to average teams lose these types of games and good teams win them, so I guess the right team won.  This is the kind of game where you need that go to guy to get you a basket when you need it.  The go to guy ALWAYS finds a way to get the ball in his hands no matter how many guys are guarding him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The number of 3s a team takes has nothing to do with how fouls are called and the ratio of free throws shot.  Have you seen our team this year and some of the fouls they commit?  Only officiating issue I had with last nite was Sanders getting the dumbass T for the staredown (right call) and then the Hofstra player doing the same thing in the 2nd half and only getting a verbal warning.  That was BS - you established that you were gonna ring someone up so be consistent about it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

The number of 3s a team takes has nothing to do with how fouls are called and the ratio of free throws shot.  Have you seen our team this year and some of the fouls they commit?  Only officiating issue I had with last nite was Sanders getting the dumbass T for the staredown (right call) and then the Hofstra player doing the same thing in the 2nd half and only getting a verbal warning.  That was BS - you established that you were gonna ring someone up so be consistent about it. 

Again, I did not get to watch the game. I was commenting on experience (I know you as the forum referee will disagree) but typically finesse teams that take a lot of jumpers don't get to the line as often vs a team that pounds it inside and constantly drives to the hoop.  CAA officiating at its best, always protecting the better teams. 

Who was the Hofstra player? They are a bunch of arrogant players especially the Foreman

13 hours ago, mat1992 said:

PS not happy with the schedule that makes you play 12:30pm on a Saturday on the road after playing 7pm on a Thursday.

Cry me a river Pat. It's not the only time this happened.. We played our Saturday home games at 2..

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Again, I did not get to watch the game. I was commenting on experience (I know you as the forum referee will disagree) but typically finesse teams that take a lot of jumpers don't get to the line as often vs a team that pounds it inside and constantly drives to the hoop.  CAA officiating at its best, always protecting the better teams. 

Who was the Hofstra player? They are a bunch of arrogant players especially the Foreman

I believe it was Buie.  And I know what you're saying about the finesse versus the team that goes inside.  Most of the time it's the difference in defensive teachings and discipline that can determine it.  Does a team have a bunch of bigs that stay in their cylinder or are they trying for the swat?  The swatters are the automatic calls.

BTW, it's always fun when someone likes to yap at me about fouls and points to the board and the discrepancy of team fouls on the board.  Had a coach point it out to me a couple of weeks ago in a game and my response was, 'that team isn't fouling or else we'd call it'.

• Like 1