• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
sr16

Mlax hosting #1 Loyola on Wednesday

Possession will be 9/10 of the game tomorrow.  Keep it out of their sticks and take advantage of what the defense gives them.

Would've helped if this game started an hour later but I'll figure out a way around the work obstacles.

• Like 1

To answer the first question about playing No. 1 teams at home. Based on the Towson media guide (record book), the No. 1 team has played here 11 times. The last time was Virginia in 2010. Eight of those 11 meetings unsurprisingly have come against Johns Hopkins. Towson's wins against No. 1 teams at home came in 1989 in a 9-8 OT win against Hopkins and in 1992 with an 8-7 OT win against Loyola.

I was also looking at this yesterday, and I believe if we could pull off the win tonight it would be the first time we beat both Hopkins and Loyola in the same season since 1996. That year, Towson went 3-0 against the local rivals winning at home against No. 9 Loyola 12-11 in the earlier portion of the season, winning at No. 5 Hopkins 13-12 late in the season and knocking Loyola out of the NCAA Tournament 16-11 before getting crushed by Princeton to get knocked themselves in a game I, unfortunately, witnessed in person. 

This is really an impressive schedule that we have put together. It is exciting to have this opportunity tonight and to still have three top-10 teams left on the schedule in Cornell, Duke, and Denver. Hopefully, we can get the win tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

This is really an impressive schedule that we have put together. It is exciting to have this opportunity tonight and to still have three top-10 teams left on the schedule in Cornell, Duke, and Denver. Hopefully, we can get the win tonight. 

Including tonight's game with the above three that are remaining, realistically how would everyone expect us to do?  I think a split of these four would be good.  At this point however is 2-2 a disappointment?  2-2 to mean would be great anything more is gravy!