• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

All CAA Picks

It's more difficult because games aren't as readily available on TV, but everyone give your All CAA predictions.

(No Particular Order)

First Team- Wright-Formeman (HOF), Riller (CofC), Knight (WM), Cacock (UNCW), Brantley (CofC)

Second Team- Pusica (NE), Carter (DEL), Pierce (WM), Seibring (Elon), Pemberton (HOF)

Third Team- Harper (Drexel), Mosley (JMU), Lewis (JMU), Santa Ana (Elon), Fobbs (Towson)    Can also see Demir from Drexel slip in for someone on this line

All Defensive Team- Cacok (UNCW), Carter (DEL), Buie (HOF), Brantley (CofC), Taylor (HOF)   (I think they usually do 6 for this one) if so Knight (WM)

All Rookie Team- Toews (UNCW), Horton (DEL), Wynter (Drexel), Audgie (WM), LJ Owens (WM) or Matt Veretto (DEL)  The last 2 are meh.

Rookie of the Year-  Cameron Wynter- Drexel- 10.8 PPG 4.5 Rebounds 5.2 Assists 1.3 Steals

Defensive Player of the Year- Devonte Cacock- UNCW- 14.9 PPG 12.1 Rebounds 1.0 Steal .6 Block (More of a 4 year award especially since his teams Defense sucks)  I can see Buie/Taylor wining this instead

Coach of the Year- Joe Milhalich-HOF (laughing as I write this) beneficiary of great talent. X's & O's are up there (down there) with Skerry, but has JWF and won 23+ games. If Delaware wins their last two, I could see Inglesby win it. He did lose his best player due to transfer (sound familiar?!) and still won more games than the year before.

Player of the Year- Justin Wright-Foreman- HOF- 26.6 PPG  .515% from the field   .433% from 3   .866 FT %  4.1 Rebounds   3.0 Assists   .8 Steals.   An easy pick and the first back to back POTY award winner since Jerrelle Benimon. This would make 11 of the last 14 winners guards. ARE YOU LISTENING SKERRY AND STAFF?!  

• Thanks 1

Tunstall has to be on all-defense team. Fobbs will be on second team. Cacok will not win DPOY on as you mentioned on the worst defensive team in the league. Maybe Taylor. NE had Occeus but he’s hurt. I haven’t decided on COY yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Tunstall has to be on all-defense team. Fobbs will be on second team. Cacok will not win DPOY on as you mentioned on the worst defensive team in the league. Maybe Taylor. NE had Occeus but he’s hurt. I haven’t decided on COY yet.

I hope Dennis does make it but hes 11th in defensive rebounding and doesn't score (I know that shouldn't matter at all for this, but it kind of does)  Who are you knocking off for Fobbs?

40 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I hope Dennis does make it but hes 11th in defensive rebounding and doesn't score (I know that shouldn't matter at all for this, but it kind of does)  Who are you knocking off for Fobbs?

Seibring. Without Fobbs, Towson has no conference wins. For some reason, you keep putting defensive rebounding as part of defense. To me, defense is about preventing teams from scoring. Somebody did their job to allow Brantley or Cacok to grab the rebound. Towson is one of, if not the best defensive teams in the league so they need one rep on the all-defensive team. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Seibring. Without Fobbs, Towson has no conference wins. For some reason, you keep putting defensive rebounding as part of defense. To me, defense is about preventing teams from scoring. Somebody did their job to allow Brantley or Cacok to grab the rebound. Towson is one of, if not the best defensive teams in the league so they need one rep on the all-defensive team. 

I agree with here, common theme among the games I have been watching are the opposing teams commentary always mentioning how their team is not shooting as well as they can. We seem to bring down many teams offensive level to our style of play. 

13 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I agree with here, common theme among the games I have been watching are the opposing teams commentary always mentioning how their team is not shooting as well as they can. We seem to bring down many teams offensive level to our style of play. 

We're number one in field goal percentage defense. Only fourth in scoring defense, which is a little surprising but based on a few-high scoring games including the OT game. DT might not make it because the people voting on this look at blocks and steals. He's third with 1.0 blocks. That's why Benimon made it because he averaged two blocks a game one year but his defense was not that good.

Not saying DT is a great defender, but he does alter some shots and uses his length well on D. I don't think points matter at all on the All-Defensive team. Al is a better post defender but he just can't stay on the court. Knight blocks a lot of shots but I don't consider him a great defender because his team isn't very good on that end.

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

We're number one in field goal percentage defense. Only fourth in scoring defense, which is a little surprising but based on a few-high scoring games including the OT game. DT might not make it because the people voting on this look at blocks and steals. That's why Benimon made it because he averaged two blocks a game one year but his defense was not that good.

I don't disagree. But just think a bigger name and senior will win it. Same with 2nd/3rd teams for Fobbs and Seibring (he was named pre-season 2nd team which shouldn't matter but does)

Yeah, if you take out points scored in all of our double OT games we would be second at 70.4 instead of 4th, 71.3

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I don't disagree. But just think a bigger name and senior will win it. Same with 2nd/3rd teams for Fobbs and Seibring (he was named pre-season 2nd team which shouldn't matter but does)

Yeah, if you take out points scored in all of our double OT games we would be second at 70.4 instead of 4th, 71.3

Name recognition doesn’t matter. Most guys look at numbers. Fobbs is fifth in the league in scoring, 13th in rebounding, 12th in FG% and 8th in three points made per game. Not bad considering he’s not even in the top 10 in minutes played.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Name recognition doesn’t matter. Most guys look at numbers. Fobbs is fifth in the league in scoring, 13th in rebounding, 12th in FG% and 8th in three points made per game. Not bad considering he’s not even in the top 10 in minutes played.

Again, don't disagree. Rooting for Brian as he is doing it by himself and that has to be exhausting. But a 4 year player in the CAA who has been on numerous all CAA teams, has an advantage.

Seibring is 8th in scoring,(on 70 less shots), 12th in rebounding, 10th in FG % 7th in 3's made per game, 10th in FT's.  Again, a good player and numbers are similar.

I would take Pemberton (not high on him) off 2nd for Fobbs, but he was second best player on the best team.

I’m a Pemberton fan. Really good all-around player. Pusica is a lock for first team despite the injuries. They go top five in votes. I don’t think Cacok makes it because his team sucks.