• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Blk&goldfan

Spring game?

It's odd but it's also strange to start spring this early because the weather is still going to be crappy when they end it. So I guess, what is the point of having a spring game in March in bad weather, when we have a spring game in good weather, nobody comes out.

But I'm not happy about this. It's not a good way to reach the fans by not having a spring game even if it's just 1,000 people. Of course, they'd want to tailgate even if it's 40 degrees. People want to see Jeff Miller and some of the newcomers. I can't freakin' judge them playing in the sleet and the snow.

• Like 3

I’m ok with no spring game this year. Sometimes there are benefits that us fans don’t see. I’m sure this fits into a plan for the balance of school and the summer workouts.

• Like 1

It's just not a good look for a program trying to build fans and eventually gain some donors to help build an indoor facility/bubble. Winning helps but as much of a joke that spring game is, it's still a gathering for fans for the first time since November. And a brief look at some newbies. We need to build our fanbase, not hide everything like we're the CIA.

While some people we'll say we have 4-5 people on this board, we have those who want to read about the spring practices and the game that live in other states that can't make these games. I'm trying to keep them informed. It doesn't help when the spring roster is not updated on the site. Now I do have it and I will put it out later with some new numbers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

It's just not a good look for a program trying to build fans and eventually gain some donors to help build an indoor facility/bubble. Winning helps but as much of a joke that spring game is, it's still a gathering for fans for the first time since November. And a brief look at some newbies. We need to build our fanbase, not hide everything like we're the CIA.

While some people we'll say we have 4-5 people on this board, we have those who want to read about the spring practices and the game that live in other states that can't make these games. I'm trying to keep them informed. It doesn't help when the spring roster is not updated on the site. Now I do have it and I will put it out later with some new numbers.

Come on man... lol