• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
RundaPower

They quit today.....

Santa Anna was the best player on the court for one game.  What happened in the first game we played them? He came in averaging 15ppg on 34.5 percent three-point shooting. That's not worth putting him over Fobbs.

There's nothing else to say about this thread. I'll have story and comments later.

• Like 1

Haha.  Also all 3 games Thursday and 2 today went our way. Would have been the 4 seed with two wins. And with a win today would have been 6 with a bye. Now get jmu 8-9 game. 

Towson athletic apologists:” We had a young(lol) team and were predicted 10th. It’s good! Skerry lost players to transfer”

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Haha.  Also all 3 games Thursday and 2 today went our way. Would have been the 4 seed with two wins. And with a win today would have been 6 with a bye. Now get jmu 8-9 game. 

Towson athletic apologists:” We had a young(lol) team and were predicted 10th. It’s good! Skerry lost players to transfer”

Yawn. So we are apologists if we don't agree with you completely that Skerry, Amborse, the field hockey coach, the groundskeeper, the food delivery people and PA announcer should all be fired after every loss. Basketball Mat was probably one of those guys and he disappeared. I'm still here. We can all have our difference of opinions and still agree that this was a shi-tty season. Nobody said we have a young team because those youngsters came off the bench until late in the season. We had a new team and the transfers did hurt. The ones that came in didn't do the job other than Fobbs. Remember when we were all saying that they would win 3-4 games at the beginning of the season because the looked like they did today in November?

It's all irrelevant because he's going nowhere and the assistants, other than Clark, have been changed numerous times.  

45 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yawn. So we are apologists if we don't agree with you completely that Skerry, Amborse, the field hockey coach, the groundskeeper, the food delivery people and PA announcer should all be fired after every loss. Basketball Mat was probably one of those guys and he disappeared. I'm still here. We can all have our difference of opinions and still agree that this was a shi-tty season. Nobody said we have a young team because those youngsters came off the bench until late in the season. We had a new team and the transfers did hurt. The ones that came in didn't do the job other than Fobbs. Remember when we were all saying that they would win 3-4 games at the beginning of the season because the looked like they did today in November?

It's all irrelevant because he's going nowhere and the assistants, other than Clark, have been changed numerous times.  

You're right, irrelevant. 

You're wrong though in mocking the criticism.  If this wasn't Year 8 of this BS, no regular season titles, no championship appearances.  How many years before you lose hope, 10? 12? 15?

20 minutes ago, Royal Tiger said:

You're right, irrelevant. 

You're wrong though in mocking the criticism.  If this wasn't Year 8 of this BS, no regular season titles, no championship appearances.  How many years before you lose hope, 10? 12? 15?

I'm mocking calling people who defend him apologists. We all know the contract is extreme. You can't change it. We can't even afford an outdoor facility, we're not paying off a coach for an extended period of time. And IMO, the grass isn't always greener. If you think he's a terrible coach, that's your opinion. I don't but I'm not an apologist just because I don't want people fired because they didn't win a title in 8 years. I want a title just as bad as anyone but I also know how bad our previous three coaches were. They had no identity. At least, he has some even if it's not crowd-pleasing and sure, few wins combined with that style is not going to do well at the game. We need at least two more skilled guards and one skilled big along with Gray and Timberlake to make things interesting next season. No more Dottins. No more McNeills. Tunstalls. Big Als. Sanders. No more point guards who don't pass the ball and chuck up 30 footers on the break. I 100% agree it's time for a change of the direction that this team goes and it's not too late to do so, without completely disregarding the fact that you have to defend and rebound as well. But leading the league in rebounding margin got us 9th so that shouldn't be the ultimate focus anymore.

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

It’s division 1 athletics. It’s competitive. You either do well or you don’t and get fired. It’s not different than most jobs sorry, produce or hit the road.

3 teams haven’t played for the title since skerry got here. We are one. Truth hurts. This isn’t the old caa and we aren’t winning consistently on football and hoops despite major advantages. 

He hasn’t been willing to change what will make him now?!

Played for the title?!!! Whatchu talkin bout Willis? We’ve only made it to the 2nd round of the tournament 2X under PS that I can recall; once at the Civic Center when we lost to W&M (Benimon team); once when we lost in the 2nd round after beating NE (ZM freshman year). 

15 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s division 1 athletics. It’s competitive. You either do well or you don’t and get fired. It’s not different than most jobs sorry, produce or hit the road.

3 teams haven’t played for the title since skerry got here. We are one. Truth hurts. This isn’t the old caa and we aren’t winning consistently on football and hoops despite major advantages. 

He hasn’t been willing to change what will make him now?!

He doesn’t need to become Shaver. More like Coen, who still believes in D but has skilled players and a strong backcourts. It’s not that difficult, but you have to look at yourself in the mirror and understand that it’s not just recruiting that needs to be improved.

This is 2019. Skerry is signed through 2025.  AD gave him another 5 years after the hot start last year.  This buyout makes Ambrose's look like a tip at Ocean Pride.