• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Today was rock bottom

8 more years of this crap. 8 more years of airballs, bricks clanking of the rim & scrub opponents raining 3’s on us with impunity. 8 more years of assinine turnovers. 

Santa Ana just hit another 3 from the team bus

Edited by TSU88
  • Haha 1

I’ll be saying “wait’ll next year” until I’m on social security. By the time this coach gets us back to the dance, we’ll all be wearing silver jumpsuits & getting around in hovercrafts 

Edited by TSU88

15 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’ll be saying “wait’ll next year” until I’m on social security. By the time this coach gets us back to the dance, we’ll all be wearing silver jumpsuits & getting around in hovercrafts 

lol

No one goes to the games when the team is good, no one goes when the team is bad.  There are about 300 people who care, about the same as with football.  Other than that, our fan support is dismal.  What is the motivation to spend millions of dollars on football and basketball talent when there is no ROI?  

The extension of that argument is to eliminate football & basketball at TU. I would prefer to develop consistent (not once a generation) winners in those sports & vastly improve marketing. While I’m probably naive in this regard, I’d like to think it’s possible that marrying those 2 things together would increase interest & revenues

1 hour ago, BoogerJ said:

No one goes to the games when the team is good, no one goes when the team is bad.  There are about 300 people who care, about the same as with football.  Other than that, our fan support is dismal.  What is the motivation to spend millions of dollars on football and basketball talent when there is no ROI?  

What do you define as "good"? To most, we haven't been "good" in quite sometime with the exception of the Benimon era. I thought interest had picked up and I even bought a ticket or 2 during that time. Consistent winning and marketing would help imo...

Edited by tualum

54 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

The extension of that argument is to eliminate football & basketball at TU. I would prefer to develop consistent (not once a generation) winners in those sports & vastly improve marketing. While I’m probably naive in this regard, I’d like to think it’s possible that marrying those 2 things together would increase interest & revenues

So you've hit rock bottom along with the program yesterday?

1 hour ago, BoogerJ said:

We had 2,500 (ok stretched a bit) for a lacrosse game in the middle of the week in 35 degree weather. Sure, it's against number one but please don't me people don't come. Football attendance was good before the Notorious tailgating incident. There's no GD reason why we can't get 2,000-3,000 for a good team that plays somewhat entertaining basketball. UMBC is finally starting to draw consistent crowds of 2,000+ in a new arena with a winning team. They are a commuter school with most kids that think that sports is a waste of time and interrupts their studies.