• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
tu_fan

Terps just lost.....Are the Tigers the new #1?

Think we might be ranked number 1 this week.  We've got the best resume of the contenders....Not that it really matters this time of year, but still, IIRC correctly we have never been ranked that high...

I was just coming on here to post that exact question.  Yeah, the rankings don't matter all that much but it would be a nice little thing to put that 1 next to our name for at least one week and see how well the guys do with a target on their back.

• Like 1

The rankings don't mean much to most but to us, Number one would be great. I was posing this question in the media room yesterday. I think Cornell might be ranked higher. Maybe Penn State, Duke, Denver. Sucks because Yale, Denver and Duke have one loss. We don't have the name they do, even though we've made three final fours. We beat the No. 1 team but hey, it's politics. Beat Cornell next week and Jacksonville, who is not bad and there should be no question.

We will be #1 this week . I’d bet the house on it.  Being #1 at any point in the season means a lot to our program .  Gives us instant credibility with targeted recruits and makes an impact for a potential at large bid (hopefully not required).

Seems like we're trending to being number one on Twitter from the writers that vote. I don't know. We usually don't get nice things. Nads probably wants Cornell to be No. 1 (assuming we beat Jax no guarantee) so we can beat another No. 1 team and he can use that as motivation. No coach really wants to be in that top spot when they aren't used to being there. But as fans and alums, it would be amazing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Seems like we're trending to being number one on Twitter from the writers that vote. I don't know. We usually don't get nice things. Nads probably wants Cornell to be No. 1 (assuming we beat Jax no guarantee) so we can beat another No. 1 team and he can use that as motivation. No coach really wants to be in that top spot when they aren't used to being there. But as fans and alums, it would be amazing.

I'm seeing that too.  Looks like Media poll is a lock, but who knows w/ coaches poll's.

Jacksonville will be a tougher game than it looks.  They have battled tough each game, including being tied w Duke at the half.  They whipped Drexel, who is decent this year.