• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
WMSportsBlog

CAA Tournament Complete Guide & 1st-Game Picks

In the middle of packing up our bags for the CAA Tournament, we set out to create a game-by-game preview of each team's 1st games in the tourney.

With that being said, we didn't get too wild with these first picks -- even though we 100% think that this could be the year that one of the top-3 teams are upset. Despite our thoughts there, we listed our reasons for choosing the teams that we did.

Any way you slice it, the matchups look great, as each team will surely create some interesting scenarios.

Check out our complete guide and analysis below! Good luck Tigers!

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/03/06/2019-caa-tournament-guide-analysis/

Good luck Tribe. I’ve been accused of being a closet Tribe fan; I’d say I have an admiration for the fact that W&M always seems to have guys who are good shooters, which I think we generally lack.

I will say I did see something I considered rather endearing at the last TU-W&M game. Play was stopped due to a wet spot on the court. A young lady assigned to clean up such spots came onto the floor, at which point Nathan Knight politely took the mop from her & cleaned the area himself. I couldn’t help but thinking what a nice gesture that was. Sometimes little things mean a lot. I still hope he turns pro after this season though 😆

11 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I guess this poses as a Towson tournament preview but it reads like a cliche-ridden, bad speech from a coach who failed Motivation 101.

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/3/5/mens-basketball-with-belief-and-purpose-towson-dreaming-big.aspx

Who writes this stuff?  

Something you and I actually agree on.  The articles and stories written by the SID go from cringe-worthy to comical.

Anyone actually going to Charleston this year?  This will be the first tournament I miss since 07-08 season, and have 2 ticket booklets that I am looking to get rid of. Won a contest through the CAA and they are pretty decent seats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Something you and I actually agree on.  The articles and stories written by the SID go from cringe-worthy to comical.

It's horrendous.  It's supposed to be about information and numbers and notes, not how much cutesy, cliche prose you can write up in your previews and game recaps.  It's a wonder that other media outlets are able to get the correct information about us sometimes.  Fun fact, when we put up over 100 against someone a couple of years ago, the postgame note was that it was the first time we scored over 100 since beating Washington in 1996, which is true.  Problem was that it was Washington COLLEGE that we put 100 on and the postgame note was that it was against the HUSKIES!!  I had to send an e-mail on that correction.  Makes it real difficult sometimes to get concise numbers when doing research on a team for a broadcast or story if you don't have the right info.

Did you read the Towsontigers.com article about Alumni Athlete fundraising challenge. Dan Crowley said it would be great to get 15% of alumni giving back to the program. He then said that is only 1 in 10 alumni. We need to redo the math on that one. 

10 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

It's horrendous.  It's supposed to be about information and numbers and notes, not how much cutesy, cliche prose you can write up in your previews and game recaps.  It's a wonder that other media outlets are able to get the correct information about us sometimes.  Fun fact, when we put up over 100 against someone a couple of years ago, the postgame note was that it was the first time we scored over 100 since beating Washington in 1996, which is true.  Problem was that it was Washington COLLEGE that we put 100 on and the postgame note was that it was against the HUSKIES!!  I had to send an e-mail on that correction.  Makes it real difficult sometimes to get concise numbers when doing research on a team for a broadcast or story if you don't have the right info.

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

Did you read the Towsontigers.com article about Alumni Athlete fundraising challenge. Dan Crowley said it would be great to get 15% of alumni giving back to the program. He then said that is only 1 in 10 alumni. We need to redo the math on that one. 

I'm glad it just isn't only me noticing this. There are always so many errors and unnecessary fluff, but I assume no one edits the work so..

On 3/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, WMSportsBlog said:

In the middle of packing up our bags for the CAA Tournament, we set out to create a game-by-game preview of each team's 1st games in the tourney.

With that being said, we didn't get too wild with these first picks -- even though we 100% think that this could be the year that one of the top-3 teams are upset. Despite our thoughts there, we listed our reasons for choosing the teams that we did.

Any way you slice it, the matchups look great, as each team will surely create some interesting scenarios.

Check out our complete guide and analysis below! Good luck Tigers!

Article: https://wmsportsblog.com/2019/03/06/2019-caa-tournament-guide-analysis/

Really went out on a limb picking every higher seed....

7 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Really went out on a limb picking every higher seed....

It's the CAA there are very few upsets in the tournament and the ones that do happen typically involve us winning games we shoudn't or choking.  I do like UNCW to destroy Elon. If that was the 8-9 game, I'd say they would have a good chance of knocking off Hofstra in round 2.  I know Hofstra fans are pulling for JMU, "a less physical game on Sunday" helps them play 3 in 3 with no bench.