• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to JMU, 74-73 on last-second shot by Lewis (story up)

I like Gibson, the kid from Sidwell, & Jaylin Hunter, up in Connecticut. Also, Buckley, from NOVA (not Villanova, but N. Virginia). I seem to recall we’re looking at a few others too

Skill development is lacking at TU. Kid are not getting better from year one to four or five. The problem is Skerry recruits a certain type kid, physical and athletic. That fits his style of play. I don’t think Skerry can put high IQ, highly skilled players in a position to succeed. So you have to be able to develop the kids you recruit. Your offensive philosophy in today’s basketball can’t be exclusively attack the basket, get offensive rebounds and out attempt the other team from the free throw line. Might be good enough to win some games but not conference championships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Tiger said:

Skill development is lacking at TU. Kid are not getting better from year one to four or five. The problem is Skerry recruits a certain type kid, physical and athletic. That fits his style of play. I don’t think Skerry can put high IQ, highly skilled players in a position to succeed. So you have to be able to develop the kids you recruit. Your offensive philosophy in today’s basketball can’t be exclusively attack the basket, get offensive rebounds and out attempt the other team from the free throw line. Might be good enough to win some games but not conference championships.

Yes

13 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

We were up 62-54 when Howard hit a three. The scorer's table gave the three to JMU, so the score read 62-57 instead of 65-54 (our biggest lead). For the next few minutes, the scoreboard remained not just uncorrected, but added to when Madison made a basket (62-59). I'm not sure at what point things got straightened out, but it made a shrinking lead seem like it had all but disappeared.

So I assume it was corrected? Why was it a big deal?

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I forgot Starr because he was better than Ivory, and Starr wasn't very good. Yes, if PS is reading this, please stay away from juco point guards. Not even one that played briefly in D1 like Howard and Ivory.

If he’s reading this .. CHANGE your god damn style. Bring in new coaches and better players who can pass shoot and defend and not choke away late leads. 9-23 isn’t good enough anymore. 

2 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

I have been looking for a video of PS post game press conference. Does anyone know where I can find it?

CAA has a JMU press conference and no Towson. You would think they would at least have quotes but maybe with no press down there from Baltimore they just gave up.

40 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

CAA has a JMU press conference and no Towson. You would think they would at least have quotes but maybe with no press down there from Baltimore they just gave up.

You would think towsontigers.com or towson channel on YouTube would have it.

33 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

You would think towsontigers.com or towson channel on YouTube would have it.

They only have highlights and that's why I try and listen the postgame so I can transcribe most of his comments. It's on the CAA to have postgame quotes. I don't care if it's on video or in print. That's a joke in a tournament setting not to have postgame quotes.