8: Average conference L’s since year 1

0: Number of regular season conference titles 

0: Number of conference tournament titles 

0: Number of NIT appearances

0: Number of NCAA tournament appearances 

Bottom Line: Since year 2, our average season record vs D1 foes is 16-15

Our Average conference record since year 2 is 10-8

Our overall conference tournament record is 2-7; 2-6 since year one

Of the current CAA schools, with the exception of Elon, which did not join the CAA until 2014-15, TU is the only school in the Skerry era not to play in the conference tournament title game

Of the current CAA schools, only Elon has fewer conference tournament W’s since 2011.

Well, my point is that he’s really not getting that many W’s. If you threw out year 1. Since year 2, vs D1 teams, our average yearly record is 16-15. Then there’s the 22% winning % in CAA tournament play

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Well, my point is that he’s really not getting that many W’s. If you threw out year 1. Since year 2, vs D1 teams, our average yearly record is 16-15. Then there’s the 22% winning % in CAA tournament play

You’re going to get killed for this... haha. Some people just don’t want to hear and see it. MEDIOCRITY 

• Haha 1

Facts are facts. I’m going to do Part II after the conference tournament, to show our pitiful record in conference tournaments play, compared to other teams in the conference, since the 11-12 season 

• Like 1

If I get really ambitious & have time, I’ll do an analysis of how many of our OOC D1 W’s since 11-12 have been against teams with losing records, vs how many of our OOC D1 losses have been vs teams with winning records. My instinct might be totally wrong, but something tells me that the majority of our W’s have been vs crap foes, while we have a losing record vs teams that have finished with winning records 

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If I get really ambitious & have time, I’ll do an analysis of how many of our OOC D1 W’s since 11-12 have been against teams with losing records, vs how many of our OOC D1 losses have been vs teams with winning records. My instinct might be totally wrong, but something tells me that the majority of our W’s have been vs crap foes, while we have a losing record vs teams that have finished with winning records 

Eh pat plays a very soft ooc schedule. Nothing will change with that. Just with idiot Leonard didn’t give him an extension based of 10 wins against bad teams last year before conference play began. Our best win was penn. 

we shot 57% yesterday against a team missing a role player big, and an injured starter (3rd best player) and still lost...  why fobbs went under the screen is beyond me. Good shooter who can score at will, down 2, we don’t force him inside the arc or even to make a pass with a quick screen or double 

we have always grinded to get an ok shot off, and hope for an offensive rebound, when other teams make 3 passes and our guys are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and they get a wide open 3 typically by their best player.  They rarely make adjustments and continuely looks lost against zones. So when we get a stop why the hell does pat have them slow it down to a damn crawl and allow them to set the zone against us. Don’t need to push it every time but we should be more athletic and deeper than most teams in the conference 

There’s no excuse to difficulties in recruiting here. Pat has had a ton of  advantages to succeed here over other teams in the conference and hasn’t. .500 coach .500 results no urgency or fire, and lots here are okay with it

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Eh pat plays a very soft ooc schedule. Nothing will change with that. Just with idiot Leonard didn’t give him an extension based of 10 wins against bad teams last year before conference play began. Our best win was penn. 

we shot 57% yesterday against a team missing a role player big, and an injured starter (3rd best player) and still lost...  why fobbs went under the screen is beyond me. Good shooter who can score at will, down 2, we don’t force him inside the arc or even to make a pass with a quick screen or double 

we have always grinded to get an ok shot off, and hope for an offensive rebound, when other teams make 3 passes and our guys are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and they get a wide open 3 typically by their best player.  They rarely make adjustments and continuely looks lost against zones. So when we get a stop why the hell does pat have them slow it down to a damn crawl and allow them to set the zone against us. Don’t need to push it every time but we should be more athletic and deeper than most teams in the conference 

There’s no excuse to difficulties in recruiting here. Pat has had a ton of  advantages to succeed here over other teams in the conference and hasn’t. .500 coach .500 results no urgency or fire, and lots here are okay with it

The extension was made before the 10 straight wins. It was just announced or picked up by the Sun around that time.

I have no problem with giving him an extension because he was up for at that point but not to that extent in terms of years. But TL did it, so the only way Pat leaves if he wins the whole thing and just decides to take a P6 job and go for the $$$. 

You keep mentioning we lost to a team that was missing a role player big and their third-best player played (Banks) through an injury. We had a role player big who plays but really couldn't or shouldn't have in Thomas (who couldn't give us anything) and we were missing a role-player and likely-starting guard in Timberlake. I think that kind of cancels out. And yes, not sure what Fobbs was doing at the end but of course, we had to hedge there and I think instinctually, playing with 3 fouls (not that it mattered), that he didn't want to get too close to him for fear of a bad foul. It shouldn't have come down to that point but it usually does.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

The extension was made before the 10 straight wins. It was just announced or picked up by the Sun around that time.

I have no problem with giving him an extension because he was up for at that point but not to that extent in terms of years. But TL did it, so the only way Pat leaves if he wins the whole thing and just decides to take a P6 job and go for the $$$. 

You keep mentioning we lost to a team that was missing a role player big and their third-best player played (Banks) through an injury. We had a role player big who plays but really couldn't or shouldn't have in Thomas (who couldn't give us anything) and we were missing a role-player and likely-starting guard in Timberlake. I think that kind of cancels out. And yes, not sure what Fobbs was doing at the end but of course, we had to hedge there and I think instinctually, playing with 3 fouls (not that it mattered), that he didn't want to get too close to him for fear of a bad foul. It shouldn't have come down to that point but it usually does.

Come on mat. Timberlake isn’t close to banks. Maybe one day(we can hope) and we have been playing without him for 25+ games and with Alex injured for over a month. They became short handed within the last week, less time to adjust. 

Didnt know it was a preseason extension but again a coach doesn’t need more than 3-4 years at a time. Especially one who hasn’t won at the mid major level 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Come on mat. Timberlake isn’t close to banks. Maybe one day(we can hope) and we have been playing without him for 25+ games and with Alex injured for over a month. They became short handed within the last week, less time to adjust. 

Didnt know it was a preseason extension but again a coach doesn’t need more than 3-4 years at a time. Especially one who hasn’t won at the mid major level 

Of course not, but did Banks play?