• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Skerry Era by the numbers, Part I

Now I’m depressed thinking about how other teams have talent coming back (or in) next year, & all we have at the moment is Fobbs, a bunch of freshman who need to get a lot better, & a couple of open scholarships. My only hope is homemade Prozac 

4AD9C931-43F3-4796-BB8A-FE83CD1D09E9.png

It's way too early to assess what everyone will bring back and lose b/c there are so many transfers each year.  All teams lose players some expectedly and some unexpectedly.  The good news (for now) is that Hofstra loses a bunch, NE loses its best player, and C of C loses one of it's best two (and hopefully Riller grad transfers out).  We only lose Thomas, who was injured all year, and McNeill. 

I have faith that PS will get us into the top 3 in the conference next season with a shot at something more.  We had so many close games and were battling for 5th/6th until we tripped over our own feet at the very end of the season into the bottom 4.

In my observation, the biggest weakness from the PS era (other than not finding and keeping a top PG) is either (A) drawing up a play(s) at the end of the games to convert or (B) having a good enough/clutch player to give the ball at the end of those games.  Watching our second to last offensive possession against JMU (when we still had a 2 point lead) reminded me of the 2014 CAA tournament game against W&M when we still had Benimon and we could not get a decent shot off near the end of the game.

I fully expected this season to be a dud after losing Zane, Justin and all those seniors.  We essentially had 3 players return and still competed for most of the season.  2-3 more baskets and we have 8-9 wins and are in 4th or 5th place.

Did the season end disappointingly? Yes.   

Did the team still exceed my expectations?  Yes.  

Assuming we only lose Thomas and McNeil, we will compete next season? Yes.

Am I happy with PS? Yes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

Please help me with the reasoning why TL needed to give Skerry a bump from 4 years to 6 years in 2017?

Lol. We all wonder this. 

1 hour ago, BoogerJ said:

Please help me with the reasoning why TL needed to give Skerry a bump from 4 years to 6 years in 2017?

The fool's gold of a start last season against subpar competition my guess....

17 minutes ago, tualum said:

The fool's gold of a start last season against subpar competition my guess....

Again, read the thread.

29 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Again, read the thread.

I read the thread, and there is no logical reason to extend someone when there is not any inherent risk of them leaving for another job, no recruiting benefit from an extension (Skerry already had 5 years remaining on the deal), and due to no extraordinary success.  

13 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

I read the thread, and there is no logical reason to extend someone when there is not any inherent risk of them leaving for another job, no recruiting benefit from an extension (Skerry already had 5 years remaining on the deal), and due to no extraordinary success.  

I was responding to TU Alum and I was talking about the deal he received over the summer of last year, which had nothing to do with the 10-game winning streak. Total was 8 years but technically I guess you could say 5 year extension from 2020-21 to 2025-26.

15 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

Meet Tim Leonard 

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1