• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

W&M going down?

2nd memo to Skerry: watch Hofstra-JMU replay, where Hofstra’s 4 guards (JWF, Buie, Pemberton & Ray) scored 53 of their 76 points. Go get us some guards like Hofstra’s!!!

Just busting balls. I root for W&M every year when we get knocked out and they do the same thing they always do. They usually disappoint and they have the best big man in the league. Or they had the best player in the league in Thornton. Why is that? Shaver? They don't have enough dawg in them? Defense? This year was guard play. It will always be something with them. I don't want to be that finesse. I admire the backdoors and all that, but pretty doesn't win. You also have to get down and dirty.

Another year of futility under Shavers. He’s got to be the longest tenured coach in the conference. Is Skerry 2nd? The only one who I can think of that might have more time at his current school is Coen at NE.

W&M may be too pretty, but our play is too ugly. 

I will say this: With all of their starters (presumably) coming back, I would make W&M the preseason favorites for next season 

Just looked it up; this is Coen’s 13th year at NE, so Skerry is the 3rd most tenured coach in the conference 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Another year of futility under Shavers. He’s got to be the longest tenured coach in the conference. Is Skerry 2nd? The only one who I can think of that might have more time at his current school is Coen at NE.

W&M may be too pretty, but our play is too ugly. 

I will say this: With all of their starters (presumably) coming back, I would make W&M the preseason favorites for next season 

Delaware has to be in the mix. They have a quality transfer coming in Nate Darling from UAB (DeMatha). Almost everybody returns save for Carter. They just need a decent big. NE will miss Pusica, Hofstra will miss Wright-Foreman and Buie (might have redshirt year?), and Taylor. CofC will miss Brantley, does Riller leave up?

They also have a transfer from High Point (Mutts) & another from Villanova (a big who didn’t get many minutes at Nova). 

I agree; Delaware is another preseason favorite. 

Hofstra always has great guards. Even with JWF gone, they’ll still have Pemberton, Ray (who really came on at the end of the year) & whoever they have coming in as a freshman.

NE is always tough; I’m sure Coen will have a post-Puscia plan. JMU has Lewis & Banks; Drexel has all kinds of talent on O....

At the risk of stating the obvious, the other teams in the conference aren’t going to be be stagnant. We desperately need to bring in impact players with our remaining scholarships 

50 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

2nd memo to Skerry: watch Hofstra-JMU replay, where Hofstra’s 4 guards (JWF, Buie, Pemberton & Ray) scored 53 of their 76 points. Go get us some guards like Hofstra’s!!!

He won’t 

Well, I feel for W&M fans. They've stood behind a program that has never gotten there. At least we have. They have some handicaps in terms of academic restrictions. They don't always get the best athletes. Even this year's team struggled at the free throw line and this was not one of their better 3-point shooting teams. Thought they would make a run though.