• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Best backcourts in school history

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

That ship sailed a long time ago. But, since we’re in the wayback machine, if Mason & Amayo & Benimon, Damas... played together, Skerry would be long gone. Although, Amayo’s best year was only 8ppg at Iona. Also throw in Dion Jones, who transferred out of TU to Monmouth 

Deon Jones fit better with Monmouth and that conference. When Burwell came along, he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to be the sixth man.

Blalock was a Delaware kid and to me he was a student favorite because he was always so personable with us on campus. 

Very dependable and his game always reminded me of Rip Hamilton if he was more bulked up. 

I love this entire thread and although the game has changed reading all this reminds me of truly what’s been missing the past couple of seasons aside from 🏀 IQ and sharp shooting etc..   true unbridled on court enthusiasm!!!  When Boyd and Jacobs played..  they brought that enthusiasm to the court.

Damas & Guthrie had it.   That love for the game and joy of playing D1 ball.  

Not saying this current crop doesn’t but being a “gymrat” doesn’t always mean you love the game.  

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Blalock was a Delaware kid and to me he was a student favorite because he was always so personable with us on campus. 

Very dependable and his game always reminded me of Rip Hamilton if he was more bulked up. 

I love this entire thread and although the game has changed reading all this reminds me of truly what’s been missing the past couple of seasons aside from 🏀 IQ and sharp shooting etc..   true unbridled on court enthusiasm!!!  When Boyd and Jacobs played..  they brought that enthusiasm to the court.

Damas & Guthrie had it.   That love for the game and joy of playing D1 ball.  

Not saying this current crop doesn’t but being a “gymrat” doesn’t always mean you love the game.  

I was a fan of Ralph's game but he was very chill. Very laid back and at times, I thought needed more fire. But that's just the way he was. Truax barely played him his freshman season for some reason because had a senior in Matt Campbell and had Scooter and Devin in the backcourt. He was probably the second-best pure shooter I ever covered at Towson, off the dribble or with his feet set, after Neal.

This is my annual homage to Terrance Whiters, if that kid played with G Neal Pat Kennedy may still be here, we would have made the NCAA tournament and they would have been #1 on this list.

4 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

This is my annual homage to Terrance Whiters, if that kid played with G Neal Pat Kennedy may still be here, we would have made the NCAA tournament and they would have been #1 on this list.

A name of the past. If Kennedy was still here, we’d be on academic probation for 3-4 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

A name of the past. If Kennedy was still here, we’d be on academic probation for 3-4 years.

As I was typing, I was thinking, having PK here is probably not a good thing....

19 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Man we could have had frank mason and kelvin Amayo. With benimon damas and Burwell (I think)

Yeah, that would have been killer...