• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Tony Shaver

What was left on his contract?  I know they should have a decent year next year but if he had only one or two years left on a contract it is kind of hard to recruit.  New guy with those players have a better chance beyond 2019-2020 season than keeping him for one more year with possibility it does not work out.

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

You can tell it is a new AD at William and Mary. Previous AD’s viewed the school for what it is academically and woul rarely if ever fire a coach for not winning. They are a unique school and while athletics is important, not nearly as important as graduating Presidents, Congressmen and CEO’s.

Without using our friend Mr. Google, who were the 3 presidents who graduated from W&M?

No question W&M is a fine academic school & having 3 former Presidents as grads speaks for itself, but how many colleges actually existed in the U.S. when those 3 went there?

9 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Without using our friend Mr. Google, who were the 3 presidents who graduated from W&M?

No question W&M is a fine academic school & having 3 former Presidents as grads speaks for itself, but how many colleges actually existed in the U.S. when those 3 went there?

Can’t answer that one......but a question I would expect on Jeopardy!

In all fairness, I assume W&M, with its well heeled alum, is in a much better position to eat salary than we are. 

As someone who has spent 36 years in the coaching profession at both the high school and collegiate level I completely agree with John Feinstein. Tony Shaver is a really good coach.

Replying to
There IS no argument for a coaching change. Tony Shaver's an outstanding coach--and a better man. NO ARGUMENT
  • Like 1