• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Last word from me

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. You can throw out every fact and number, ad naseum. We all know. But until the next recruit, I'm done talking about PS. I might be a homer but I'm not a sycophant. I don't think the recruiting is where it needs to be and that's why the staff is out there trying to recruit his ass off. I would like to see them utilize their athleticism and length more. Trap, pressure the basketball. Force turnovers. It's always been an issue over the last 25 years. I don't think he underachieved or achieved this year. The fact that he played that many close games with one of his worst teams says something. You may draw conclusions that it also says something because he can't finish those close games. HE can't finish those. You can be John Wooden and even he wasn't going to win all those close games with TJ Howard and Jakigh Dottin running the team and sure, one is really a two-guard and the other is a freshman who is maybe a backup.

This is a results-oriented business. Ask Shaver, Ask Maurice Joseph. At some point, PS will be on the hotseat or his assistants will if they struggle as they did in conference play last year and this season. You can take away Year 1 but you can't take away last year's poor performance in conference play. That to me was his worst moment.

But he also deserves credit for taking this shitty program out of the abyss. PK had this team at the bottom of the barrel. How far could that second year team gone? To the semifinals? To the finals? Bilal Dixon at center was a better option than TJ. Jerome Hairston was the best point guard we've had thus far despite all his issues. What about the year JD got shot? How far could that team have gone? I don't think any coach at Towson has ever dealt with this kind of shit from academic issues from a previous coach to having a key player shot late in the season to his top scorer leaving last summer.

Nobody is perfect and PS certainly isn't. I just don't think everything sucks and we have no shot next season. Last season was doomed from the start when 0 left the program. 

• Like 1