• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Billy1121

Turnovers

I assume you mean lax. They had 24 today and went 8 of 14 on clears. That should be the easiest thing and we've made it into the most difficult thing to do. I wonder if that has something to do with the new DC. Also shows that we still have a ways to go in terms of talent to reach those top 5 teams.

Bad shots can be turnovers when the team turns it into transition goals. You can beat a really good team or be a really good team when you shoot 35 times and hit the goal 15 times.

I watched the game on my phone while at the Md State Basketball championships. Unfortunately I saw a combination of a lack of speed on our part and Duke's superior athleticism as the culprit on the clears in the the 4th quarter. Even Goodrich got caught from behind.  It was frustrating to watch because Canto made some really good saves on long possessions only to see us turn it over on the clear. I think we have as good of coaching staff as any school in the country but I was saying to myself "call timeout" in a couple of the clear situations in the last few minutes trailing by 1 when it looked like we were in deep trouble clearing.  A win yesterday would have gone a long way towards a NCAA berth for us.  UMASS is playing exceptionally well. They are going to be tough to beat in conference.

If Duke is faster, then the good thing is that there's nobody else we'll be facing that can emulate their speed. That speed is a huge part of our game, our transition, the ability to clear the ball. Patterson is not fast and neither is Bodden. So if you keep the ball away from Goodrich and Koby Smith, and to a lesser extent Andrew O'Dare. Speed is such an important part of the game due to the clock and clearing. I don't know if they should bench Patterson because Bodden is too good but something has to be done or the clearing game is going to doom us. 

As for UMass, they are impressive. We've played a better schedule and they've played three pretty easy teams the last three weeks though the Albany win four games ago was impressive. The fact that we're playing such a brutal schedule will help us in the CAA. 

• Like 1

Full game highlights but absolutely could have won this one - dont foresee us dropping too much in the polls. 

Edited by sr16