• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

In other CAA news

This could end up being a HUGE mistake for WM.  Where’s my drum and symbol??

all joking aside.. never been a fan of their fan base for obvious reasons, so I for one am not sad at all. 

BTW, points per game are not quite as important anymore. Efficiency is and three-point shooting is. If Millon goes back to a P6, it's likely due to his three-point shooting percentage because he doesn't do a whole lot else. Pierce is certainly a more well-rounded player.  Some guys are just chuckers. Think of Zane, who was not efficient but did shoot a decent 3-point percentage. Some people use eFG%, which counts three-points shots as 50% more than 2-point field goals. So Chase Audige is around efg% of 54 and Milon is around 59. Zane is by the way at 50% eFG for his career and was

I’m all about analytics. Give me a guy who shoots 40% from 3 over a guy who shoots 50% from 2. The former scores 12 points on 10 shots; the latter scores 10 points on 10 shots. 

I’m curious to see how things play out for W&M. Much more concerned however about what happens with our 3 open scholarships.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I’m all about analytics. Give me a guy who shoots 40% from 3 over a guy who shoots 50% from 2. The former scores 12 points on 10 shots; the latter scores 10 points on 10 shots. 

I’m curious to see how things play out for W&M. Much more concerned however about what happens with our 3 open scholarships.

Agree. I don't have anything against their fanbase and I usually root for them or NE against everybody else but us in the postseason. But it only helps us if we help ourselves. No matter what happens at Elon or W&M or JMU or Delaware or Drexel, we need to worry about Towson. But if I'm the CAA Commish and everybody in the basketball office, I'm f-ing pissed at what's going on with all the programs right now. Maybe it's ok for the long run if they improve the coaching situation but if they continue to have no TV, it's not going to help recruiting. Do something Joe D.

19 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Agree. I don't have anything against their fanbase and I usually root for them or NE against everybody else but us in the postseason. But it only helps us if we help ourselves. No matter what happens at Elon or W&M or JMU or Delaware or Drexel, we need to worry about Towson. But if I'm the CAA Commish and everybody in the basketball office, I'm f-ing pissed at what's going on with all the programs right now. Maybe it's ok for the long run if they improve the coaching situation but if they continue to have no TV, it's not going to help recruiting. Do something Joe D.

Why would you be mad if the teams are trying to get better?   Changes are needed and coaches leaving is a start. (Just wish we could be among them)

get a tv deal

work on having the good players not transferring (not talking about wm and Elon situation)

have your teams play better ooc gsmes. We for pkenplay nobodies. Schedule better 

• Like 1

CAA 0 wins in the ncaa tourney or nit since 2012. It’s a low major at this point. New commissioner is awful. 

Many of the Top players in the league transferring and or graduating..2 coaches gone. What will the excuses be next year? Or will skerry and the team actually step up?

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Why would you be mad if the teams are trying to get better?   Changes are needed and coaches leaving is a start. (Just wish we could be among them)

get a tv deal

work on having the good players not transferring (not talking about wm and Elon situation)

have your teams play better ooc gsmes. We for pkenplay nobodies. Schedule better 

How much of scheduling is Skerry actually responsible for?  Back when I worked with the program (late 90s) the coaches had little to no say.  Maryland didn't want to play us, let alone come to TU. (I believe it was b/c Gary Williams didn't want to risk losing to us.)  In general big schools don't want to be a road team at a small school or mid-major.  Generally just doesn't happen.  Only way we're getting big names is on neutral courts (the pre-season tournaments) or we're traveling to them. When Michigan came to TU (1997) it was b/c they were doing it as a courtest for Louis Bullock.

I think Gary wouldn’t play us because Truax was fired and was his former teammate.

Coaches are responsible for scheduling. Sometimes an AD might want to schedule a game or they have to get a certain amount of guaranteed games. But sure, it's mainly on the coahc.

1 hour ago, BK_Brian said:

How much of scheduling is Skerry actually responsible for?  Back when I worked with the program (late 90s) the coaches had little to no say.  Maryland didn't want to play us, let alone come to TU. (I believe it was b/c Gary Williams didn't want to risk losing to us.)  In general big schools don't want to be a road team at a small school or mid-major.  Generally just doesn't happen.  Only way we're getting big names is on neutral courts (the pre-season tournaments) or we're traveling to them. When Michigan came to TU (1997) it was b/c they were doing it as a courtest for Louis Bullock.

how'd we get Temple here? Game was amazing