• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

In other CAA news

14 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

Without knowing much of this fellow from Mason, the AD has to make a decision on the style of basketball she wants. Perhaps Paul Westphal/LMU up and down the court or more defense oriented Skerryball. Often the hire is based on the style the AD wants

No shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The team of Brantley, Cacok, Pusica, and Wright-Foreman won the college 3 on 3 championship for $100,000 in Minneapolis on Sunday.  Wright-Foreman threw in a number of stupid 3s in the corner.  That’s a rather formidable team to go against.  

16 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

The team of Brantley, Cacok, Pusica, and Wright-Foreman won the college 3 on 3 championship for $100,000 in Minneapolis on Sunday.  Wright-Foreman threw in a number of stupid 3s in the corner.  That’s a rather formidable team to go against.  

I remember Morsell was in this tourney. But wow good for them. 

Just updating the CAA losses:

Pierce to UNC

Milon to UCF

Demir to Minnesota

Gresham to Georgia

Swoope to Sam Houston

Cylla to Arkansas

Taylor to Eastern KY

Fornes TBD

Occeus TBD

Audgie TBD

Knight- Still has his name in NBA Draft process

Don't feel bad at all for any of these programs, especially after what happened to us last year.  JMU and Delaware are looking good at the moment, even though I cannot believe JMU doesnt have any players leaving the program.  WM also lost their top recruit who de-committed and is going to play with Ryan Daly at St Joes.

Also for the nerds... https://wydaily.com/local-news/2019/04/30/its-been-a-month-and-wm-hasnt-finalized-dane-fischers-head-basketball-coaching-contract/😂

We lost ZM & Gorham last season, and I doubt any other teams in the conference were shedding tears for us.

Its not definite that Audige (or LJ Owens) is leaving W&M, but someone posted on their board that things are so dire that there might be open tryouts for walk-ons, given that the new coach hasn’t had time to bring in any recruits to replace Pierce, Milon & Brown. I suspect Knight will return for his senior year, so there cupboard isn’t totally bare.

Meanwhile, the Elon coach has hit the ground running, getting commitments from 2 HS kids, one of whom decommitted from Wofford & had 20+ offers. 

I agree that UD & JMU should be 2 of the preseason favorites. However, NE is always tough & C of C & Hofstra (even without JWF) will be right there. 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We lost ZM & Gorham last season, and I doubt any other teams in the conference were shedding tears for us.

Its not definite that Audige (or LJ Owens) is leaving W&M, but someone posted on their board that things are so dire that there might be open tryouts for walk-ons, given that the new coach hasn’t had time to bring in any recruits to replace Pierce, Milon & Brown. I suspect Knight will return for his senior year, so there cupboard isn’t totally bare.

Meanwhile, the Elon coach has hit the ground running, getting commitments from 2 HS kids, one of whom decommitted from Wofford & had 20+ offers. 

I agree that UD & JMU should be 2 of the preseason favorites. However, NE is always tough & C of C & Hofstra (even without JWF) will be right there. 

NE lost too much but this league should be wide open. Riller back gives CofC a big edge.

As far as NE goes, I can’t dismiss them, even with the departures they’ve suffered. Coen is too good a coach; somehow, I think he’ll find a way to make them competitive