• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

In other CAA news

Players can still enter the portal at this juncture? 

On paper, this might appear to be a significant loss for UD, but they have 3 transfers who sat out last season, plus Ryan Allen returning 

26 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Players can still enter the portal at this juncture? 

On paper, this might appear to be a significant loss for UD, but they have 3 transfers who sat out last season, plus Ryan Allen returning 

Still a big loss. He had a chance to be a star in this league. Anderson also iffy. But sure, I wish I had their depth at guard.

My fondest wish would be that his leaving have a huge negative impact on UD. Putting that aside, it seems to me there ought to be a deadline for entering the portal. Most teams end their season in early-mid-March. It’s now late June & kids are still entering the portal. 

Kids with character flaws (e.g., overinflated egos) do stuff like this. What Horton did is even more reprehensible than what Zane did. At least Zane bolted in time to give Skerry a chance to backfill his position (see Brian Fobbs). It’ll be much harder at this late stage for UD to bring in a quality replacement.

Bringing in legit talent as a low-to-mid major is becoming increasingly pointless, as there’s a good chance the kids people are going to tell him he’s too good to stay at (fill in the blank) & should transfer to (fill in the name of a bigger school).

Edited by TSU88

I mean though to the point, what if he was woo'd by a big time program? Are there any restrictions from having power 5 schools or high major schools from reaching out to these 18-19 year olds who had a break out season, especially given this timing all making matters worse. Put yourself in their shoes, you might bolt too. 

They should have a rule that restricts anyone from transferring after the end of the spring semester.  Season is over for 2 months and gives them an opportunity to view the landscape. Smaller schools should ban together and block the late transfers after a certain date, and make the player/parents pay for the sit out year.

Stolen from WM message board:

Potential Transfers Leaving the CAA:
CofC: FR 6’9” Isaih Moore (Tallahassee Community College)

Delaware: FR 6'3" Ithial Horton
Drexel: RS JR 6’9” Alihan Demir (Minnesota)
Elon: SR 6’0” Dainan Swoope (Sam Houston St), SO 6’2” Nathan Priddy, SO 6’7” Simon Wright
Hofstra: SO 6'7" Matija Radovic
JMU: FR 6’5” Matthew Urbach, SO 6’7” Greg Jones
Northeastern: RS JR 6'1" Donnell Gresham (UGA), JR 6'4" Shawn Occeus (turning pro)
Towson: RSO 6’4” Quinton Drayton
UNCW: JR 6'3" Jaylen Fornes (Nicholls St), RS JR 6'3" Ty Taylor II (Eastern Kentucky), RS JR 6'7" Jeantal Cylla (Arkansas)
William & Mary: RS JR 6'5" Matt Milon (UCF), JR 6'7" Justin Pierce (UNC), FR 6'4" Chase Audige (Northwestern), FR 6'3" LJ Owens (UMBC)

Those along with, Brantley, Wright-Foreman, Pucica, Seibring, Santa Anna... lots of talent leaving

17 of the top 27 in scoring are gone:  (Buie red-shirted and will be back I believe)

image.png.bf996b114df2468407e79b1eff8ff926.png

10 of the top 18 in rebounding are gone:

image.png.6dc5f7e00e89354af56d7bc2b63658b0.png

7 of the top 15 in assists are gone:

image.png.79a0d81c7f085210bdaf7e5b2b1d5a0c.png

• Sad 1