• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

WBB media thread

6 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

We are 107 in the latest RPI rankings. I assume that’s better than some of the 14s but not sure 

Usually top 100 teams get some sort of respect, generally. But yeah I think its stems from not winning a championship since 84 and the overall history.. We know committees dont take an objective look year to year. The years usually get compounded (imo)

Come on now, seeding looks about right for a team who wasn't even expected to make it far in the conference tourney. Not winning the CAA since over 2 decades, quality of conference, and a pretty crappy last couple of years I think we should be joyful for even being in this position. Not complaining about seeding. Having to play UCONN of course was a bummer but stranger things have happened.. Play the game!!

So history applies to Towson and not Uconn?  Name a more successful college program in the past two decades.  According to the committee, history doesn’t play into the decision. 

Edited by RundaPower

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

CAA offices are a joke.  The new regime doesn't voice their concerns and step up to the plate for the teams as well as they should. 

Bingo!

Seeding does kinda stink, but being paired against the most dominant college basketball program over the last 20 years in the first round makes it way worse.

21 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Bingo!

I think we all feel the new CAA office is sitting on their hands time and time again

Just looking at the schedule, only one team in the field has more losses than Towson (about 5 others with 12 losses), which is another reason for the lower seed.  Womens basketball, just no parity.