• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MLax hosts No.13 Denver on Saturday

I was just looking at Denvers roster, and I see that Baptiste is gone.

While that is great news - I was looking forward to the matchup with Woodall.

If I cant make the game - Is LSN a subscription service... or free? 

25 minutes ago, TSU86 said:

I was just looking at Denvers roster, and I see that Baptiste is gone.

While that is great news - I was looking forward to the matchup with Woodall.

If I cant make the game - Is LSN a subscription service... or free? 

LSN is now free. I might not be able to make the game so it's free on the app. If you have a smart TV or ROKU, you can watch it on there or on a laptop/IPad. I was not looking forward to the matchup against Baptiste. He's right up there, probably better, than Alex Smith of Delaware, as the greatest FOGO of all time. Woodall couldn't handle him. But now that he's gone, Denver is winning a respectable 54.3%, which sounds good for us before we had Woodall. But Baptiste was winning over 75% last year. He was unreal. 

Unfortunately, today's game was the first I've been able to watch.

Based on today, and what I've heard about the Duke game, we are a sloppy team.

Some of today's turnovers were horrible

We're averaging 20 turnovers per game and hit 20 today. That's what we do, especially on offense and clears still stink. Canto was terrific. Defense very good. But offense does nothing against quality defenses and Denver has one of the best in the nation. The offense is unwatchable right now with all the f-ing turnovers. Some of that is talent. We need to upgrade on attack. I said that in the offseason that I didn't understand why no transfers.

Mat I agree. But echoing those turnovers are bad... That last Sunday turnover and then sealing the loss on an offsides call? Need to clean up for caa play. Umass now #20 in the nation

Edited by sr16

Have to win the CAA and not rely on the at-large. 23 shots is not going to get it done. Time for a change in the lineup on attack

I was at the game, and was shocked to see that Denver took twice as many shots as we did. Tierney uses almost all of the 80-second clock before trying to get a shot off. Problem was that we'd give the ball back right after making a stop. The key, I thought, was not stretching our 6-4 lead. We blew about five different opportunities to go up three (or four, or five...). When you let a team hang around, we all know what happens. Of course, the illegal procedure penalty late in the fourth quarter and the off-sides at the end were just mind-boggling. I worry that our No. 1 ranking was the worst thing that could happen to us -- we started thinking that we're better than we are, and forgot to stay hungry.

Somebody brought up intensity and hunger on Twitter. I didn't really see that other than on groundballs. I think our defense just got tired and our offense is slow, esp. the attack. I really don't like the offense right now. We have three pretty good players in Sunday, Maloof and Monahan. Formert is undersized and feisty. After that, meh. Sovero just doesn't look good right now. I thought he'd be able to help after the injury. I think it gets back to talent on offense and at the OC.