• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Mlax falls to No.13 Denver, 7-6

I was at the game, and was shocked to see that Denver took twice as many shots as we did. Tierney uses almost all of the 80-second clock before trying to get a shot off. Problem was that we'd give the ball back right after making a stop. The key, I thought, was not stretching our 6-4 lead. We blew about five different opportunities to go up three (or four, or five...). When you let a team hang around, we all know what happens. Of course, the illegal procedure penalty late in the fourth quarter and the off-sides at the end were just mind-boggling. I worry that our No. 1 ranking was the worst thing that could happen to us -- we started thinking that we're better than we are, and forgot to stay hungry.

Up 6-4, and we missed countless passes. Forcing passes inside that were not there. A 3 on 2 that was blown. Very little dodging and how about using the turf? A few bounce shots would be nice. The entire offense is wasting talented players on D. Also, we need to score on transition to win. Koby Smith, Goodrich, off of Woodall's face-offs. We can't win 6x6 against good teams. When Sunday is shut down, we are done. Time to get Brody McLean out of there. He's killing us with turnovers and his lack of speed and awareness.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/lacrosse/bs-sp-denver-towson-20190323-story.html

The turnovers in the last 2 games I’ve watched (today and Cornell) are maddening.  This stuff wasn’t going on the first few games of the year.  We threw away so many possessions in the first half and even got a shot clock violation.  It’s like we’ve taken a couple steps back after ascending the mountain. 

15 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

The turnovers in the last 2 games I’ve watched (today and Cornell) are maddening.  This stuff wasn’t going on the first few games of the year.  We threw away so many possessions in the first half and even got a shot clock violation.  It’s like we’ve taken a couple steps back after ascending the mountain. 

We've been turning the ball over all season long. We're averaging 20 per game. In our best played game of the year against Hopkins, we had "just" 16 turnovers. Had 19 against the Mount, 19 against Georgetown, 17 against Loyola, and 20 against Jacksonville, so it's been an issue all year. Hidden by a strong D, a great FOGO and impressive goalie. It has caught up with us.