• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Gibson commits

15 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Starters are not minor contributors but keep trying to twist your facts to enhance your arguments and sure, I will not give up on thinking that Solomon could eventually become 12-8 even though I was a bit disappointed with his play this year. Sue me for having some preseason practice optimism. If I just came out and destroyed every player, who the hell would want to watch them?

"Starters" who do not play starter minutes and are so in name only are not major contributors. 2.5 points and 2 assists in 18 minutes is not major, even for a team that cannot score.

I did not mean you with Solomon. There were others on here, one of the TSU, who thought he would be 12-8 as a freshman, they also believed Prophete would be a legit scorer the minute he walked on campus.  It doesn't matter if I tell you Towson's mascot is a tiger, you will say its a giraffe, moving along...

I’m still baffled how Prophete could avg 30ppg in HS & not make a single basket in his freshman year here. I can see some drop off between HS & D1, but he went off a cliff 

Touché. Called a swing and a miss. He also wasn’t playing against a lot of Casey Morsels in Fort Lauderdale. The numbers looked great but competition wasn’t. He lacked foot speed. There was very little film on him for the public to see. Now we know why. There is a lot more video on Gibson but if people are skeptical because of all the past failures-fine. I’m done arguing.

What this kid has is different than any other point guard we’ve had under PS. At worse, he’s a quicker Four Mcglynn with much better handle. He’s not perfect but he does give most of us hope and that’s all we can ask.

17 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Touché. Called a swing and a miss. He also wasn’t playing against a lot of Casey Morsels in Fort Lauderdale. The numbers looked great but competition wasn’t. He lacked foot speed. There was very little film on him for the public to see. Now we know why. There is a lot more video on Gibson but if people are skeptical because of all the past failures-fine. I’m done arguing.

What this kid has is different than any other point guard we’ve had under PS. At worse, he’s a quicker Four Mcglynn with much better handle. He’s not perfect but he does give most of us hope and that’s all we can ask.

Agreed, I think we can understand that their are players like Prophete - who we thought would be more and flat out was not it, Solomon - who I still am optimistic about, but may take a bit, or a Gibson who objectively IS a different type of Skerry recruit (almost like he reads the boards). I think its okay to be optimistic if there is reason to be. Putting up numbers and leading your team to a semi final win over a top UVA recruit is something which breeds optimism (and then winning it all)

Can't find highlights. Not going to judge either player on an All-Star game and big men rarely do much in these. I know Gibson had 10 in the first half and didn't do much in the second half but did have three assists in the second half. Total blowout. Mike's brother Casey had a rough game at 3 of 12 but again, doesn't meany anything. He'll probably be starting at UVa next season or playing a ton with all their losses.