• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D1 Transfers from Verbal Commits

1 hour ago, sr16 said:

Is this confirmed as the most transfers in a given year? 

Not even close. I googled an found an article posted on ncaa website from 12/6/18, which reads that in 2017-18, 689 men’s D1 players transferred. There will probably be lots more transfers announced in the near future. 

Seems like for some of these kids, if they’re faced with a little bit of adversity & don’t get 30 minutes per game, the 1st thing they look to do is fold up their tent and transfer.

5 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Big loss for NE and the CAA. Come on Joe D. Do something to jumpstart this league.

Mat, I’m not sure what the link is between guys transferring & the commissioner not having us a TV 📺 deal. I mean, Damian Lee, Canyon Barry (& others I’m probably forgetting) transferred out before this commish, I think 

12 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, I’m not sure what the link is between guys transferring & the commissioner not having us a TV 📺 deal. I mean, Damian Lee, Canyon Barry (& others I’m probably forgetting) transferred out before this commish, I think 

Yes but I think there is some. Zane wanted more exposure. Guys are leaving this league at a drop of a hat. Sure I may be reaching on that one

CAA used to be a legit mid-major 10-15 yrs ago. Sad that is no longer the case. The transfer problem seems to be an issue on a national scale and even has crept into high school. Football players in public high schools across the state and transferring constantly to get more exposure or play for a better team. 

• Like 1

Let me preface this by saying, "I know there are a certain few here who will vehemently disagree with me no matter what." 

With that said, sure the lack of TV deal has something to do with it, as does coaches leaving (WM/Elon). The CAA not winning anything in half a decade certainly hurts, as does a lot of the soft scheduling by the bottom institutions of the league (Towson included). But the grad transfer rule is absolutely killing mid and low majors. When it first started, it helped lower level programs as we go the scraps of Power 5 players, who were fringe players there. Once those schools looked at the good talent at the smaller schools, it was over.  Mid/low majors have become farm systems for the Power 5 programs.

With all of the transfers leaving along with graduation, there is ZERO excuse to not be a Top 2-3 team. (part of that was sarcasm, but some on here used that as an excuse last year, lets see how the other teams respond) 

• Like 2