• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D1 Transfers from Verbal Commits

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Big loss for NE and the CAA. Come on Joe D. Do something to jumpstart this league.

Seems like Joe D is content on the sidelines while his bball league continues to decline. Im sure he would say " but look at our partnership w/ LSN & CAA"... 

I don’t get it. Arguably best defender in the league. This wouldn’t happen when we had the Bug 3 Virginia teams in the league.

10 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Seems like Joe D is content on the sidelines while his bball league continues to decline. Im sure he would say " but look at our partnership w/ LSN & CAA"... 

He has a track and field practice to participate in (not making fun of his appearance like people thought in the past)

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I don’t get it. Arguably best defender in the league. This wouldn’t happen when we had the Bug 3 Virginia teams in the league.

the CAA was strong before I came along to Towson but I lived in Richmond for a month and made some VCU friends. They are ALL IN on basketball, as a community.

But were the GMU, VCU's of the league just good basketball programs? I remember the VCU run. Were they really special in getting recruits? I feel like all CAA teams have a blueprint (I understand its not easy). 

Is it as simple as go to the NCAA's, win a couple games and just like that they moved up from the CAA?

4 minutes ago, sr16 said:

the CAA was strong before I came along to Towson but I lived in Richmond for a month and made some VCU friends. They are ALL IN on basketball, as a community.

But were the GMU, VCU's of the league just good basketball programs? I remember the VCU run. Were they really special in getting recruits? I feel like all CAA teams have a blueprint (I understand its not easy). 

Is it as simple as go to the NCAA's, win a couple games and just like that they moved up from the CAA?

Mason and VCU went to Final 4s. As long as Larranaga was there, they were a powerhouse. VCU has always been a monster. Those schools also didn’t have football so they could spend more money on hoops. That’s why they left to join a basketball-only league 

• Like 1

I agree with TUTigers2012; the grad transfer rule has made the CAA’s of the world farm teams for high-majors & P5’s. 

I’d love to see numbers on how many of these grad transfers actually get a masters degree. 

Why cant the mid-majors band together & try to stop this?

As for Riller, I’ll actually be glad if he leaves. Let’s be honest-shouldn’t our conference opponents being weakened work potentially to our benefit?

Edited by TSU88