• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D1 Transfers from Verbal Commits

10 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

They play D3 teams every year as well or did William Peace move to D1? What about Shenandoah and Milligan the year before?

That was a joke... and one that clearly went well over your head.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That was a joke... and one that clearly went well over your head.

Yeah, try putting lol next time smart ass

Here’s an interesting transfer to keep an eye on...Terry Nolan, Jr is transferring out of George Washington after 2 seasons. He’s a 6’2 guard; averaged 10.6ppg last season, though he only shot 36% from the field (he did shoot 40% as a freshman).

Several points to note: he’s a Baltimore kid; we recruited him out of HS (as did Delaware, Hofstra & NE, amongst others); & he’s following one of our coaches on Twitter.

🤔

Up to 464 now.

Hofstra just added a URI transfer who has to sit out who could end up being very good

http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/bios/silverio_omar_mc9m?view=gamelog&pos=sh

Here are the latest CAA transfers:

Delaware: Chyree Walker (Dayton)

Elon:     Nathan Priddy
           Dainan Swoope
           Simon Wright 

Hofstra:  Matija Radović

Northeastern: Donnell Gresham, Jr.
                    Shawn Occeus

Towson: Quinton Drayton

W&M: Chase Augide
Luke Loewe
Mat Milon
LJ Owens
Justin Pierce

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Here’s an interesting transfer to keep an eye on...Terry Nolan, Jr is transferring out of George Washington after 2 seasons. He’s a 6’2 guard; averaged 10.6ppg last season, though he only shot 36% from the field (he did shoot 40% as a freshman).

Several points to note: he’s a Baltimore kid; we recruited him out of HS (as did Delaware, Hofstra & NE, amongst others); & he’s following one of our coaches on Twitter.

🤔

Do you want to waste one of your last scholarships on a sit-out 6-2 guard that shot 35% from three-point range, had 53 assists and 49 turnovers, shot 61.9% from the line?. I would say pass on a 6-2 shooting guard that shoots 36% from the field for a really bad GW team. Yes, I know he had 24 points against us last year. Could he back up Timberlake in two years with Howard gone? Maybe, assuming Betrand moves to the 3 but you can do better. I'd still prefer a combo guard grad transfer for one of the spots and a sit-out transfer for the other one.

Silverio is the kid transferring to Hofstra. He averaged 8ppg as a freshman at URI. Given Hofstra’s success with guards, I suspect he’ll be very good. 

Rumor on W&M board is the reason no new coach announced yet is because they’re going to hire UVA asst Jason Willford, & can’t announce until UVA’s season is over. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or more of the W&M players who’ve entered the portal stay, once they meet with the new coach. If I had to guess, I don’t see Pierce coming back, & Knight won’t either, assuming the feedback he gets from the NBA is good. The other guys, who knows?

I’m not necessarily advocating for Nolan, like my views matter to PS in any event😆

However, his local ties & the fact we apparently recruited him before makes me wonder if he’s on our radar

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Silverio is the kid transferring to Hofstra. He averaged 8ppg as a freshman at URI. Given Hofstra’s success with guards, I suspect he’ll be very good. 

Rumor on W&M board is the reason no new coach announced yet is because they’re going to hire UVA asst Jason Willford, & can’t announce until UVA’s season is over. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 or more of the W&M players who’ve entered the portal stay, once they meet with the new coach. If I had to guess, I don’t see Pierce coming back, & Knight won’t either, assuming the feedback he gets from the NBA is good. The other guys, who knows?

No way Knight goes to the NBA unless he doesn't want to get drafted. He's not on anybody's radar and would have to make it as a free agent, probably going through the G-League.

You’re probably right about Knight...unless he goes to the combine and blows the scouts away. While they are 2 entirely different players, I will simply point out that the collective response last year when Kevin Huerter declared was a snicker. Then he went & blew up at the combine and the rest is history. My point is, you never know. 

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

You’re probably right about Knight...unless he goes to the combine and blows the scouts away. While they are 2 entirely different players, I will simply point out that the collective response last year when Kevin Huerter declared was a snicker. Then he went & blew up at the combine and the rest is history. My point is, you never know. 

True, Huerter had a 39-inch vertical I believe and a great overall combine. I don't think Knight is super-athletic for a big. I would be surprised if he showed well in testing and he has to improve his three-point shooting and FT shooting.